Heart with 3 houses
68%
Window with heart
32%

Total votes: 19

Indiana

Logo

Postby Indiana » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:17 pm

We have two logos for our board we would like you to vote on please.

What does the one you picked mean to you?

If you just vote your name will not appear. So those that are registered but hide when on the board your name will not appear if you just vote.

logos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lucylee

Re: Logo

Postby lucylee » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:41 pm

I really like them both... but voted for the heart w/three houses, b/c I decided it symbolized all of us as neighbors and the love we have for each other, and for our own families within each of our individual houses.

It was a hard decision and I could easily come up w/just as good a reason to vote for the other one, too. They are both very nice!
Tomorrow is another day.

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi - My choice is the heart in the window. I like the simplicity of it and the graphic style would print easily. Having said that, I'm with Lucylee, I could make a case for either of the choices, I like them both.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:15 am

I voted for the window -- not for any reason I can easily explain. It hits me on a non-verbal level and makes me smile. The three houses hit me at my head and are perfectly sensible and utterly pleasant, but the window hits me at my heart (no pun intended). Maybe it's the sheer unexpectedness of that big red heart in the window.

BTW, what will the logo be used for? If its primary use is going to be as the little graphic bug that shows up in the browser bar before the http address, then seeing them both at itsy-bitsy size might be better.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Dove

Postby Dove » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:57 am

They are both nice. I voted for the the 3 houses in the big heart, because it reminds me of here. Individually we are spread out all over the world, but when I'm reading or posting I forget how far away geographically we all are from each other because there is so much caring & friendship in our little village. It's as if we are close neighbors chatting over the back fence together.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:00 pm

Both logos are pretty.

When I saw the window the thought that came to mind was "the heart of the home". We are all the heart of our homes, but it takes
all of us to make a village. The three houses seems to me all of us coming together to share that heart. So I voted for the three
houses.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:16 pm

I voted for the heart with the 3 houses. it reminded me of our village but I liked the window with the heart and flowerbox also.

helia

Postby helia » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:17 pm

You're all going to throw rotten eggs at me -- but I voted for the heart in the window b/c I'm not really into hearts, and the heart seemed more subtle, less "in your face" in that logo. It did also make me think of the home as a place of love, a place where hearts belong, and I'm trying to grasp onto that concept as I try to get into the box and value homemaking. I didn't like the "in a bubble" feel of the other logo. It's not a big deal either way, though.

Adding later - the inside a heart logo makes me feel confined while the heart standing at the window with shutters wide open makes me feel more free, if that makes sense. . . LOL! Still not a big deal, especially if at an itsy bitsy size.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Giggling here as I was the first to vote, but forgot to add my comments. I voted for the heart with the 3 homes..for me, the heart represents our village, and the homes are each of you :D Long ago I cross-stitched a saying...Home is where the hugs are...and y'all always make me feel so welcomed.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:48 am

Almost forgot to vote -think I'll go with the heart in the window as it reminded me of all of you as I stroll the village and feel the love coming out from each window I pass. Hmmm -maybe I should remember to vote too? :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “News and Announcements”