The Big Box Challenge - I dare you...

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
NC SHE

The Big Box Challenge - I dare you...

Postby NC SHE » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:02 pm

Anybody have boxes of JUNK that need to be decluttered?

I have five boxes that I drug out of a closet and they now sit on my kitchen floor. Ummmm.... they've been there for a while.

Anybody want to do a Big Box Challenge and see how many boxes you can unpack/declutter this month?

I'm going to start now. As soon as I have unloaded one box, I'll check back in.

I dare you to join me. ***very big grin****

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: The Big Box Challenge - I dare you...

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:12 pm

NCshe you & others might want to join us at the link below for Nov. clutter control.
I sorted some stuff yesterday.
Have papers that need to be done also.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1017

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:58 pm

2 boxes:

1st box at my parents' was mostly old paperwork I tossed.

2nd box at my parents' was mostly old linens - about 80% I tossed but a few items I rescued and will either use or save as momentos. (Discovered little rag rug handmade by my grandmother.)

I broke the cardboard in both these boxes down and tossed it, too, so net gain in space of about 5 square feet.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Well, last week I took the box our new TV came in and took out the staples, flattened it, cut it up, and put it in recycle box. The day I started it, DH said he wanted it to put glass block in that he was bringing home from jobsite. I humored him (knew it wouldn't hold enough) and kept it for a few days until he said it didn't hold enough, get rid of it!

I sorted and purged and repacked 4 bankers boxes in the office last week too. Stacks of papers on the shelves now fit and I don't have to start another box to fit them.

NC SHE

Postby NC SHE » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:40 pm

You're beating me, team! Way to go.

I'm glad I gave myself the month and not the week to make progress. :-)

I'll give a weekend update. I'll catch up with you.... keep up the great work.

NC SHE

Postby NC SHE » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Some SUCCESS...huge trashcan full of trash and 5 boxes of giveaways because of boxes, clothes, etc. sorted today. Mostly from the garage and one closet.

I feel lighter. :-)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:16 pm

box 3 - craft supplies, mostly tossed but one project still in its plastic wrap so for donation. Some cotton fabric redeemed.

box 4 - more or less an old "gift closet" of things my dmom once thought she would regift I guess, but not worthwhile anymore. Most tossed. Small hand-held mirror redeemed.

boxes themselves broken down and tossed for about 6 square feet of reclaimed space.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Oh boy! Could I ever beat you all -I F I were up north with DH & DD :D Won't happen though. Wonder if I can find enough boxes, bags here to count. Had planned to sort out our room so it is "ultra" organized. I'm tired of looking for things and have had little time to put things away as I'd like since we got here. I'll have to start. Think I can count each drawer as a box, especially since a lot has just been tossed in.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

NC SHE

Postby NC SHE » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Glad you joined us, Dee!

I say a drawer definitely equals a box. And the trunk of the car equals a box or two. And under the bed equals a box. And......

You get the picture... when it comes to decluttering, we count everything! grin

Let's see... can we count unloading the dishwasher as decluttering a box???? ;)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 pm

Go ahead and count it, NC -especially if it's something that's been on the procrastination list! :lol:

I cleaned out the top (full width) drawer of our desk tonight. I emptied out dh's toiletry bag -it's been that way since we got here 3 weeks ago. Also cleaned out all our meds, creams, lotions, sprays, hygiene items and have them all sorted into categories. I have declared a 'no-hunting' zone here and that means a lot of sorting and categorizing. I'm tired of looking for things. I sort of tore things apart looking for the abstract & title here today since dh couldn't seem to find it at our RV. He did finally find it after going back over searched ground.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”