Long Lost SHE Hello!

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Hannibelle

Long Lost SHE Hello!

Postby Hannibelle » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Everyone!! Extra long time, no see!! For some, probably so long, never have met!! :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sending me a map and key to the new village! You all have done an AWESOME job and this looks like it's going to make a wonderful new home that will help many of us on this ongoing journey.

I'm SO ANXIOUS to touch base again with those I have missed so much! :)

{{{Hugs of welcome and gratitude!}}}
Hannibelle

Indiana

Re: Long Lost SHE Hello!

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Hannibelle it is so good to see you.

I hope you can post with us often.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:06 pm

What a sweet post, Hannibelle. Who was it who started calling you "Hanners", at least for a while? Funny I remember that. Someone mentioned you in regards to exercising sometime since I've "seen" you. Or did I imagine that? Hope you can post with us often.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Hannibelle

Postby Hannibelle » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:03 am

Hi Indy! Thanks for all you do around here and I must say you are a fabulous board 'decorator/designer!'

{{{Harriet}}} It has been a long time!! I can't remember who started calling me Hanners but I have been both Hanners and Hani for ages now. In fact, Hanners became part of my e-mail address! :)

Wow, I'm flattered to hear my name was associated with EXERCISE! :D Assuming it was a positive reference. I have, over the years, made some attempts at establishing an exercise habit. I belong to Curves, though my routine in the summer gets very out of whack. :? I do also walk, though not as consistently as I would like or should!

We have a huge Fourth of July celebration here in Hannibal: National Tom Sawyer Days every year. I had all my big boys home, including dear eldest's girlfriend and my dear sister-in-law's clan in. EIGHT of us participated in the annual Hannibal Cannibal which is a 5k run/walk. Normally it is a 10k as well, but the 10k portion had to be canceled this year due to the flooding. It involves mammoth hills alongside the Mississippi and is capped off with a trek up Lover's Leap which is just a near vertical winding twisting road to the best view of the river valley in town. It's a KILLER on foot though! :lol:

I was in the strictly walking crowd, most of the kids were in the way more running than walking group.
We had great fun and I was really proud of all of us for completing it!

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi Hannibel, welcome back! I've lurked around the SHE boards since they were first put up by P&P through the Columbian newspaper & the background was yellow. I remember your Hanners nickname, too :). The girlfriend who introduced me to SHE by telling me about the Happiness File book told me about that first site back before I even owned a computer. I remember stopping by the library sometimes during my lunch hour to read the board. Looking forward to seeing you in PWYC.

DustBunnie

Postby DustBunnie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:38 am

Hello Hanners it's so nice to see you here in this beautiful village.

Hannibelle

Postby Hannibelle » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:45 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, Dove! :)

I LOVE your avatar photo! I have had a pair of mourning doves nest in my hanging fuchsia plant, immediately in front of my kitchen window, the past two summers now and it's been wonderful to watch and share in their families!

{{{{Dustie!}}}} So glad you have found your way here too! :D

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Hannibelle, thank you for the warm welcome last week. I have been so busy since I joined that I barely have time to read the boards and no time to post.

I wanted to tell you that I knew I was in the right place when you mentioned the Hallmark Ornament Premiere last week. I am a member of the HO collectors club. A few years ago our local Hallmark Gold Crown store closed so I have to go 50 miles away. I preorder my ornaments and they have them all sacked and ready to be picked up. Last week I wasn't able to pick them up so I gave her my credit card # and then I could get the bonus points. I plan to pick them up tomorrow. Anyway I will join your 12 step program for this addiction. LOL I had planned to give each of the girls all their Christmas ornaments when they left home. The oldest moved out in 1992 and they each bought me a Hallmark ornament, because with hers gone we realized that probably half the ornaments belonged to them. The next year I started buying the Barbie ones and from there I got carried away. Every year I buy both girls the Barbie ornament and each of my 5 grandchildren an ornament plus all of mine. I always remind the girls that they started it when they bought my first Hallmark Ornaments. They take up so much space to store and are time consuming to get on the tree, that I always question my sanity as I am doing it. But in the end it is worth it because my grandkids love to look at all those ornaments on grandmas tree.

I wondered if you lived in Hannibal, MO. It was interesting to read about local events. I have a 1967 genealogy booklet that says my great-great grandmother was a third cousin to Samuel Clemens.

c2c

Postby c2c » Wed May 27, 2009 10:04 am

Hanners, now if she'd only come back!

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”