Hello from the Big Apple

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Harmony

Re: Hello from the Big Apple

Postby Harmony » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:02 am

Hi, Citychik, and welcome.

I don't have kids, but I do have 6 grandkids and another 2 on the way, all in other cities, here occasionally. Does that count?

Lots of fine understanding women here with a lot of wisdom too.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 am

Hi City

I live in a 8 X 35 foot RV out in the middle of the desert - unless we are traveling - then I live wherever we stop. Sorry, but we avoid big cities like the plague.

We do not have a house - we do have 2 sheds out here in AZ where we spend the winter. What I am trying to say is that all our earthly possessions are in the RV. It took some really big time paring down to move from a 4 bedroom, 2 family room, 3 bathroom house to this. :D But we did it and have lived this way for the last 7 years.

Welcome to the friendliest board on the web.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Dove

Postby Dove » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi Citychik! There is a member called Citylady who posts here occasionally who also lives in NYC.
My kids have four legs & fur :) ; a dog & a cat. I started out with a cardfile after reading first SHE book, & eventually added a planner for To Do's & appointments that were not housework related. I use a combination of both now, but on a sporadic basis. When life gets busy I tend to wing it, but I love how organized I am when I stick to a system.

Welcome!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm on my own too. If anything is going to change its up to me, but then there is no one undoing it either.

There are all sorts of member circumstances here . No one else here might have exactly your profile, but there will be knowledge, ideas and ways of doing things from all over that could be helpful.

Do you know what you want to start with? Ask about it and see how others manage - something helpful may well come from someone in a completely different circumstance from you. But maybe they are stretched and time poor too. If you don't know where to start - ask about that too.

WTG finding this place and posting. Thats a great start. :)
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”