I've finally left Lurkdom

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Lilac

I've finally left Lurkdom

Postby Lilac » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Hello! I managed to lose my first post, so I will try again. I am one of the lurkers who contacted Indiana last week when the other site went down. My dh, DD36 and DD32 love to give me a hard time and call me a stalker when I mention something about the chat board I read. Just 2 weeks ago the subject came up and DD36 told me that I need to register before the site went down and I would have no way to find this group. i remembered her warning when the site went down last week. I had bookmarked Indianas site and contacted her. She sent me an invitation to the Yahoo group. I joined it and intended to register when the site came back up. When it came back up, being SHE I again didn't register. When this move was announced I made myself a promise that shy or not, I needed to join. I have followed this wonderful group of women through so many moves that I would be lost without it.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time agonizing over a username and now realize blabby, windy or gabby would have been more fitting. I know there are more lurkers out there and I hope they will join me as I jump in............

Harriet

Re: I've finally left Lurkdom

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:41 pm

I heard a Splash! :shock: :)

Hiya, Lilac! Oh, I really like the username. So glad you found us. Indiana is the helpful type! Did you post when we were over at Yahoo? I may have missed you. I am forever giving my grown children wisdom from what I call "my homemaker's board".
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:18 am

Hi Harriet! Yes, that was me you heard splashing around, even though I need to be in bed.

I have learned so much over the years from reading these boards. Once in a great while I would have an answer or solution to something but by not being registered I couldn't contribute. Looking back I wonder why it has taken me so long.

Well I have swam around enough for my first time in the water! Good night!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:53 am

Lilac I'm so glad to see you posting.

I have been watching for you to register. I'm so happy that you had the address of my blog so you could contact me.

I'm looking forward to your posts.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:14 am

May I add my welcome, too. And I like your name!!

This board has been my salvation over the years - first in organizing my house and then when I was getting rid of everything to sell it.

Come on over to the PWYC thread and say hello there, too.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:16 pm

May I add my welcome too.

I too like your name Lilac.

The ladies on this board are very warm and loving. I try to get on as often as possible as and am finding the site a welcome help.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Hannibelle

Postby Hannibelle » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi Lilac!

I'm a new village resident as well. I have visited a time or two previously, at the urging of former dear SHE friends from WAY back in the day at our original SHEs In Touch board - a bazillion light years ago!

I am so grateful I was on the mailing list to hear from Indy, receiving the new address and key! I came in to look around and thought WOW! This looks like a community of people and resources that I could greatly benefit from! :)

So...I swung open the door and took the plunge too! *splish!*

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:48 pm

I have not had time to post all day, just a quick peek now and then.

I want to thank each of you for the warm welcome. I feel at home already!

I'm back. Our oldest Dd and her family had went out to eat and their van would not start, so I picked them up and took them home. Her and her dh will go back and see what the problem is. So I better get a late start on our dinner. I plan to hang out at PWYC and start posting soon.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Welcome Lilac! I'll second or third or fourth or whatever others' observation that your name is very lovely, pretty and civilized. I happen to adore the smell of lilacs in early summer; we have a lilac bush in our back yard! Look forward to seeing you in PWYC.

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Hello & welcome to Lilac! I like your name, too :) , and love the smell of lilac flowers. So glad you have joined us. I was a long time lurker, too. See you around the PWYC board.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”