Diabetes ?

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Diabetes ?

Postby Nancy » Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 am

Glad you are taking it easy Lilac!
My reading was up today but still in my target range barely.
That happens some times hormones maybe.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 pm

I went to the dr. on Monday and I really wanted to beg him to let me take the highest dose of V ictoza for 2 weeks. The medium dose was not working well. But he told me I needed to go on insulin and he would put me on N ovolog 70/30 and I would take 2 shots a day and see if that works.

I am so glad that I gave up and went on insulin. I have only had 4 injections but I feel like I am living again, instead of just existing. When dh got home from his trip on Sat. I had just mowed and was just wrung out. Today I mowed the yard in 1 hour, which is a record. On top of that I felt fine.

Ddd1 and I have walked twice since I started the insulin, so I don't know if it is the insulin, walking or a combination but I am so thankful to feel well again. Last night when dh came home I was out watering plants. He came up behind me and asked me how I was doing and I said fine. I turned around and looked at him and he just stared at me. I asked him what was wrong. He said nothing is wrong, I just don't know the last time you looked so good. I had on a new outfit so I said you aren't talking about my clothes are you. He said no you look like you feel well. Tonight he came in and he noticed I had mowed and I was doing fine. I told him he was probably thinking who are you and what did you do with my sick wife.

I was on insulin the first month I was a diabetic but we had to keep decreasing the dosage, so finally he put me on J anumet. I knew that someday I would end up back on insulin but I wanted it to be years from now. I have really been fighting with myself over this for the better part of the last 2 months when my numbers have been so high and out of control. If I would have known what a drastic improvement it would be, I would have skipped the V ictoza. The dr. said that at least we both know that this is the only choice. If the time comes that 2 doses a day is not enough then I will do 4. At least this time I am using the pens instead of the vials and syringes, so it is easier.

So that is the lastest update.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed May 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Lilac - I am so pleased for you that you are feeling so much better. Big wtg.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Lilac so happy that you are feeling better now thanks so much for the update!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri May 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Oh Lilac thank you for the update. It is a whole different world when you feel good.

I have given shots with both a syringe and a pen. Hands down the pen is so much easier.

You tried pills and now you know insulin is the way to go for you.

Lilac I'm so glad you feel so good.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri May 28, 2010 5:43 pm

I liked the pen when I had it
found some of the advantages of syringes
after the adjustment period of course for me was
the ability to get 1/2 unit for a dose less waste
better value and smaller easier for travel.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:43 pm

I am using a diff monitor now relion prime from Wmart. Strips are more reasonable.
I liked the relion confirm but strips were more.
I liked the other bayer one but strips were too spendy.
Contour next ez by Bayer got a thumbs down for unrealibality from me.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:35 pm

DH gets all of his Diabetic items free from the diabetic drug study company. He sees an internist who specializes in Diabetes because his DD was born with type 1. It's been very good, to keep costs down for DH, too. Currently, he's on insulin for the first time, with a blind study drug in the same injection. His sugars are coming down, but not as well as they'd hoped.

DAunt had type 2 diabetes and so does Dmom, but I've got a perect A1C and don't have it yet.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”