Recalls

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
OKay

Re: Recalls

Postby OKay » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks for the heads-up Kathryn!

I was glad to see they also gave which cities/states received the beef as well as the store names.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm

After reading Harmony's post I googled peanut butter recall. This is one of the links:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/peanut-but ... Gtin1GK4aE.
Here is another site:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-575 ... ds-target/
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Dove

Postby Dove » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Thanks for the updates -- it is getting to the point that I'm considering saving meat package labels and adding store & date purchased info. How else is a consumer who buys in bulk, repackages into smaller portions & throws the original packaging away supposed to know when & where she bought every item in her freezer weeks later? :roll:

(At least I haven't bought peanut butter in a long time.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 am

Dove: I had the same thought but then realized all we have to do is take a photo of the labels before we repackage. The photo file is dated so we don't have to do anything more than stick it in a folder on our computer and if there is a recall we can look over the photos to see if the food we've bought is part of the recall. We should also do it with the UPC codes from boxes of prepared food too.

Dd wrote me this morning to ask if I was claiming the yoghurt refund for Activia (don't know if this is US as well.) Apparently they made false claims for there's a class action lawsuit. Luckily, I never buy yoghurt but bought it for her at Christmas so I could narrow the date (between the time she emailed me and Dec. 23) and am 99% sure of which store I bought it from.

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 am

Kathryn - that is a brilliant idea!

I have thought about sitting up an inventory using barcodes to automatically enter items......but I never thought how useful this would be for recall purposes.

Dove

Postby Dove » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Great idea, Kathryn! Thanks :) .

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:31 am

Great, Kathryn. I always have my trusty phone and it takes wonderful photos. I got to the point once of not being sure if I'd bought a WWorld magazine or not -started taking a photo of the cover & deleting as I got the next one. I only had to glance at that picture. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way and sometimes had two of the same one. :(
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”