Harmony Search Box

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Indiana

Harmony Search Box

Postby Indiana » Sat May 14, 2011 1:53 pm

I know you are using IE.

Some assumptions:

At the top of your screen you have a blue line that reads the name of your location. As an example it should be reading SHEs Organized as you read this.

The next line down is a gray line. Beginning at the left there are 2 blue circles. The first one has an arrow to the left and the next one an arrow to the right. Then comes your address window. It should have http://www.shesorganized.net..... Next is a square button with green up and down arrows. Then a sqare button with a red X. Finally there is a window. It is a search window. In the box on the left there is a google logo.

Do we match this far?

Harmony

Re: Harmony Search Box

Postby Harmony » Sat May 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes, matches except for after the window, to the left of the up/down arrow box we have the compatability box.

And underneath that line of course is the fle edit view favorites tools help line.

Oh, the very top blue line does say shesorganized post a reply - internet explorer, optimized for Bing and MSN.

Thanks

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun May 15, 2011 3:07 am

I the compatability box a square button that you click on for sites that you are having trouble reading? Do you have many sites that you have trouble reading until you clcik compatability view?

How long has IE been optimized for Bing and MSN? Did you optimize it and if so why?

What is your default search engine?

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 16, 2011 10:49 am

HaHa, I didn't optimize anything. DH though was trying to fix his search box and ended up doing this at someone's suggestion..... I think he was reading msn tutorials, naturally they aim one that way. I did notice when my home page comes up (slowly of course, I hate Msn) there is a search bar there which says bing.

I never use the compatability icon. Even here if I'm typing too long and the reply window starts jumping, if I mess with the slide bar at the right it will stop. I don't ever seem to have problems with stuff like that.

Default search engine is Google for both of us. His was set at Bing and we managed after many attempts to change it to Google. Bing is still listed 2nd.

Gee, I didn't expect this to be such a big thing here, just looking for a suggestion. But thank you for your help.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue May 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Harmony since you have so many things going on on your screen it will take a little while to get it fixed.

First of all the fix for you reply window moving is:

When trying to reply to posts when you start to type a reply post longer than the window the cursor will scroll down out of view and you can not see what you are typing. You scroll up then start to type again and it scrolls down to the bottom.

This is a known Internet Explorer 8 hiccup.

The quick fix is:

click on tools
click on compatibility view settings
add shesorganized.net
click display all websites in compatility view
click on close

It is fixed.

This will not interfer with anything so I recommend doing it.

Let's make sure this works before the next one.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 19, 2011 10:16 am

Alright, I've done that one thing now. Thought I'd done it before, but I guess not. There was one other site listed there and that was a very important site for us and I don't remember ever putting it there, somehow it was there. But I checked the place to have all sites come up that way.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”