cage hammock idea

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Harriet

cage hammock idea

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:44 pm

I didn't know what one of these was until a few days ago, although our pet-savvy folks probably did. It instantly gives another level to a small-animal cage, making it functionally larger. Much cheaper than buying more cage for a pet. Or, you could make one.

At each corner of this one is 3/8-inch wide elastic 6 inches long, attached at the end to a 1.5-inch-long snap hook of the type on dog leads, or I've seen others with simpler snap hardware, like lanyard snaps. You thread each through and around as far as you need, to attach to some outer part of the cage, so the hammock hangs where you want it. Says it is "for ferrets, rabbits, cats, small dogs, rats, guinea pigs and chinchillas".

SmallKittensInHammockJune2011.JPG

You can see these small animals prefer it, even though it is their 3rd, top level, right at the roof of the cage. Their solid 2nd level is available below them to the left, but they prefer the hammock, so the 2nd holds their water. With three levels, the litter box (right) can be far from the sleeping place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harmony

Re: cage hammock idea

Postby Harmony » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Aw, so cute! They look as if they are taking comfort from each other all sunggled up!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:32 am

They are precious! Which one is Lucifer? And how will you ever persuade dd to give them up???
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:24 pm

He is the black and white in the lower right corner. Dd insisted on changing to call him Tobias. He is transformed into the most social kitten I've ever seen, purring and craving our touch, happy to be right in our faces if we don't stop him. I wish we could get his 3 sisters to agree with him. The calm solid grey accepts us but does not seek us out. The robust one in the left lower corner just started purring with me at breakfast this a.m., so maybe there is hope, but she and her smaller lookalike are suspicious. bittersweet accepts a hard job, lemetellya. We'll quit after these, but she does this all the time. :?

I am forced to go against my first judgement because dd has learned they will need names to have the best chance on the online-adoption boards here. She says, "What do you think?", from upper left clockwise...

Teacup
Grace
Tobias
Calypso

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:30 pm

cute Harriet
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Good names. I think I would want the solid gray one. But like Kathryn, I am very allergic... and dh HATES cats.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”