Coming Out of Lurkdom

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Kally

Coming Out of Lurkdom

Postby Kally » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi, I’m a long-time lurker and have decided to start posting. I think I found the old boards about ten years ago, shortly after I retired from a stressful job. Can’t believe it has been that long! I’m single, no kids and live in the Great Plains/middle of the USA. I enjoy genealogy, reading, and caring for my two very spoiled felines. My mother is 92 years old and lives in assisted living. She is a daily inspiration to me. She loves her family and enjoys her life and her home.

This morning in the FOCUS thread Bittersweet wrote:

“Well...like lucylee, I have/had high hopes for actually getting organized this year. So far - seven weeks into the year, I have made absolutely zero progress This is no longer acceptable to me .I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and unmotivated and mad at myself for being such a complete and utter twit!

So...I'm going to change things! No...I don't have a flipping clue just how I'm going to accomplish that, but I will....and not next year, either!”

This absolutely resonated with me, only I tend to call myself worse names than “twit”!

So, a big THANK YOU to Bittersweet, hopefully we can encourage each other along the way.

See you around the boards!

Twins' Mom

Re: Coming Out of Lurkdom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Welcome Kally, I'm glad you're posting with us and out of lurk-dom! I just wish I were here more, what Bsweet wrote rings true here, also.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Kally and welcome. I find this site very motivating. This year I am working on getting a balance in things, keeping everything up quicker to leave time for some creativity along the way. It doesn't always work, but I'm trying! Nice to have you with us.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:45 am

Kally, I am glad that you have joined us. I too, lurked for a long time. By the time I joined, I already felt like they were my friends.

Kally

Postby Kally » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks for the welcome, Twins' Mom, Harmony and Lilac!

Lilac, I'll try to remember that even though I feel that I know all of you, you don't know me. Just ask if I don't make any sense. ;)

Morning will come early (for me) because I have fasting lab work at 9:15. Hope I can last that long without my coffee. See you after I visit the vampire!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:59 am

Welcome!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Welcome Kally. I, too, lurked for a long while before posting. This is a great group of fun loving, caring women. You will enjoy our Village here!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kally

Postby Kally » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 am

Thank you, Nancy and Sunny! I already enjoy the Village and the ladies who inhabit it. I hope to become a part of your supportive group.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Welcome, Kally! We're so glad to have you join us!
(I almost named myself Lucy the Lurker when I first found these ladies.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:34 am

welcome Kally. great to have you here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”