What are you reading this year? 2012

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
atlanticflyer

Re: What are you reading this year? 2012

Postby atlanticflyer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:43 pm

I read Sarah's Keys. parts of it were outstanding and parts were so cliched but I can't add details without spoiling the plot

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 pm

365 Ideas for Christmas
How Full is Your Bucket
By; Tom Rath and Donald O. Clifton, phd
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 am

I read Sarah's Key a couple years ago with my book club. I enjoyed it, and I think it generated some good discussion for our group. I can see how parts might be seen as cliche too.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 am

I'm reading Debbie Macomber's "Three Brides, No Groom," right now.
I have her, "Angels at the Table," and "1225 Christmas Tree Lane", but I've not had time to read them yet.
I went through her "Cedar Creek Cookbook" autographed by her, and post-it marked recipes to try.

I ordered her, "One Perfect Word," a new book to be shipped 1-1-13, but since that's a P. O. holiday, I'm sure it'll ship on Jan. 2. It sounds very inspirational.

I just finished reading about a month ago, Lawrence Block's, "Telling Lies for Fun and Profit." It's for writers.

I have several Nook books I'm reading now, too.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:55 am

Debbie Macomber's book, "One Perfect Word," arrived on Friday and it's a great book. :D

I'm reading, "Walden" on my Nook along with a book called, "Boundaries," and 1 about decisions and 1 about goals.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Finished Sarah's Key a while back. That is a book that will stay with me...not like half the books I read that I promptly forget about! Sounds like the movie has significant differences from the book, according to DD.

Have started "Falling to Pieces" by Vannetta Chapman...it's book one of the Shipshewana Amish Mystery Series. Have read book two already, which was at my library. One more to come.

Will start my 2013 Bible reading tomorrow.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”