Hi Ya from VA

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
scattered

Hi Ya from VA

Postby scattered » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm Scattered... was a loss for what to use as a username as I am ashamed to post under my past usernames. I used to be a member of several different sites and very active, but I lost my way. First in my last year of nursing school, then my horrid 1st year as a nurse and then to top everything off I lost my BFF to suicide. I've spent the last 6 yrs in stale CHAOS.
I decided yesterday that I was not going to continue spending my days off in TV/Laptop slothdom! I woke this morning and searched the web for a site similar to the old ones I was a very active member of... and thankfully I have found this one. I am sure I will need a lot of encouragement and hope that I can find it here.
So with that my laundry is calling me...
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." — William James

OKay

Re: Hi Ya from VA

Postby OKay » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Welcome Scattered!

Jump right in and get started. :)

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi Scattered, & welcome! :) It is so nice to see your here. I saw you first in the Routine thread & posted a response to your question there.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Welcome, scattered! Wanted to "officially" welcome you here! I'm so sorry about the loss of your BFF... that's certainly something that would make anyone feel somewhat "scattered," I think. I hope you will enjoy our little village!
I'm a brand new grandma for the first time, and at the end of this school year, I'll be a brand new retiree. I'm hoping my ddil will get into nursing school next fall and let me babysit.
Don't be embarrassed about "backsliding" in the SHE world! Good gracious, I think that's part of the definition of a SHE! We all lose our way sometimes. I've been TRYING to do this for... goodness... since P&P's first book came out. I made my first card file waaay back then. I am sooo far short of the mark, but these wonderful ladies keep me striving. Hang in there and know that you have found what has to be the most supportive, loving group of women in the whole world of cyberspace!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Welcome Scattered! I lost a d-fam. member to suicide I got better as I learned to celebrate the life and that helped me to take steps forward and move on in to healing.

Kally

Postby Kally » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Welcome, Scattered! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”