What Are You Reading This Year? 2013

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: What Are You Reading This Year? 2013

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:09 pm

I down loaded fly lady control journal and holiday planner the are like an e book and I am excited to read these inspiring downloads.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:57 pm

[color=#008080]I finished reading "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success - A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams based on "Creating Affluence". (Spiritual Affluence.) By Deepak Chopra today. The author suggested at the end of the book how you can start with Spiritual Law #1 on Sunday and reflect on a different Law each day, to have a meditation to read daily to focus on. :idea: It was a VERY GOOD book. I enjoyed it so much. DD gave it to me, but I need to see if it's to keep or on loan because I want to use it as a meditation book for myself. If she wants it back, I'll either buy my own copy or will find a different book, of many, here to use as morning reflections, other than just my devotional. :idea:

I talked to DD today, via cell phone, told her I've got 2 books she can have of Deepok Chopra's called "Ageless Body, Timeless Mind," that I bought and "The Path to Love," which my DSIS bought and gave to me. I'm hoping if I GIVE her my 2 books by the same author as the 7 spiritual laws of success book, she'll let me HAVE the little book, so SHE can have the 2 large hardcover books. :idea: :) I think it's a fair trade and hope she does, too. She's giving books away as she reads them, too. To the library and Goodwill and me. So I am looking forward to this little book, if she'll be kind enough to let me have it. It's right up my alley. ;)
[/color]
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Gooseberry patch Coming Home for Christmas cook book, cherished memories, family recipes, easy how tos and delicious gifts from the heart of your home is what I am reading now found this used and I am getting lots of inspiration from this one.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Those Gooseberry Patch books always look interesting, but I haven't gotten any of them yet.

Last week I read The Little Amish Matchmaker by Linda Byler and Bachelor's Choice by Marsha Hubler. Have started London Transports by Maeve Binchy.

I keep posting here so I can see, for the first time, how many books I read in a year.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:07 am

This weekend I did get back on track reading a devo I started a couple of mo. Ago.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm reading an e-book called something like "Resolve to Get Organized - Clean Up Your Act and Your Clutter For the New Year and----" then my email receipt for the book cuts off. I like the book, forget who it's by, too. Sorry. :(
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:05 am

Right now, I'm reading magazines for work, files full of info for AARP, FM, writing, etc... I am trying to take a mini-break from reading books this weekend, so I can finish reading my files and booklets to file them back into the filing cabinet where they belong, rather than their cluttering up my end table. :roll: I also read on my Nook from time to time, too. Perhaps this next week, while I take breaks from crochet and the house, I can get back to reading my books. I'd love to finish "When Bad Things Happen to Good People, ," by Thanksgiving (that sounds like the holiday's the author!) :lol: so DD and I can discuss the book, since she'd read and lent it to me. :idea:

Also, I've got some informational books on FM to read, some more DD gave me, but I have a good book by Brunonia Barry called "The Map of True Places." It's a novel written in the 1st person POV, about a therapist. Very interesting. I want to finish shorter books so I can get back to the Barry book. :D

So many books, such little time! :!:

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Finished Starry Night by Debbie Macomber. Have started Longbourn by Jo Baker...it's described as Downton Abbey meets Pride and Prejudice. The first chapter made me appreciate how our modern conveniences have taken most of the work out of doing laundry.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Reading a chicken mag. This week.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:31 am

Read AARP "Bulletin" and "Prevention" magazine last p.m. The magazine went to recycle, but the bulletin got saved to refer to their site to look at video interviews, etc... :idea:

[color=#0000BF]DD is bringing me 2 books on Thanksgiving Day to read. I'll give you the titles when I get them. 1 is about haunted-by-ghosts places all around Seattle. The other 1 is short stories about haunted places and ghosts all over WA State. She said she knows I'll enjoy the state-wide one. I'm wondering if they go back to pioneer times, from the tone of her voice, as I'm from a pioneer family, too. They both sound interesting, but I'll probably get scared! :o [/color]

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”