What Are You Reading This Year? 2013

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Ivy

Re: What Are You Reading This Year? 2013

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:29 pm

I read Three Brides, No Groom, by Debbie Macomber and really liked it! :D :D Now I'm reading her 1225 Christmas Tree Lane from her Cedar Cove Series. It's so neat there is the Cedar Cove TV Series on Hallmark's channel now, on Saturdays, too. It makes her books come to even better and bigger life, once you match the book characters with the moving TV characters with voices and everything.

Since I recently found out that Linda Ronstadt has Parkinson's Disease and lost her voice, wrote a book, I'd love to read her book. Linda Ronstadt's grandmother had this disease and so did my paternal grandmother. I think her book would be very good. I'd love to read that book!
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Ivy -- my maternal grandfather had Parkinson's. Such a terrible disease.
Tomorrow is another day.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:20 am

Lucylee, One of our WA State's retired Governors had Parkinson's Disease, too. :( He passed away. I got to meet him, one-one-one in a quiet hall, without anyone else there. I was about 32 and was so bug-eyed that I'd met him. He quietly said, as he touched my elbow, "When you go home tonight, you can tell those kids of yours, how you not only met the Governor, but.... HE TOUCHED YOUR ELBOW, TOO!!!!" :lol: :lol: And we both laughed and laughed. I was saddened by his illness and death. It's not a good disease to have, at all. It strikes such lovely people.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:49 pm

I just finished reading
Michelle Obama
An American story
BY David Colbert
I enjoyed this e book.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Lawless by Diana Palmer
Salmon River Memories
Pioneers, Characters and Great Neighbors
BY Boyd Rood
The Inn at Rose Harbor
By Debbie Macomber
Projects for the birders garden
From Yankie Magazine.
These are books I got today

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Nancy, I've read The Inn at Rose Harbor, too. I'd love to read the next book in the series. I forget the title, but it's something about blossoms at Rose Harbor.

Did you get all these books on your e-reader? :?:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:16 pm

These last titles are actual books with pages.

The next rose harbor book is called rose harbor in bloom by debbie macomber.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:11 am

Nancy, It's great you got books with pages. Which do you prefer? :?: Pages of books or e-reader?

I like both for different reasons. The e-reader is easy on my eyes, I can adjust the print, and reading goes faster. But I love to hold a book with paper pages in my hands and turn pages as I go, too.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:06 pm

I have not have my e reader long so I am still getting used to it. Books with pages do not need a power cord so for camping I like hard or soft back books. I like the way that e readers can change in font size and line spacing. Free e books just seem to be a chapter or two so a yd. Sale 25 c. Paper back is a better bargain. But the ink causes me some allergy probs. I like that the e reader does not do that. I have not given up books with pages yet. Time will tell. How that for a non answer? I like that e books weigh so much less, and that no one can see if I am reading a romance novel LOL!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:35 am

I like the e-reader because I can adjust the brightness, the font, and size of the font, read the pages vertical, like on a book, or horizontal, by turning the e-reader. Yes, it's fun to read on an e-reader and not show off to others what you're reading. :lol:

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”