What Are You Reading This Year? 2013

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Ivy

Re: What Are You Reading This Year? 2013

Postby Ivy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Nancy, I've got The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron, but never heard of the Right to Write. It'll be a book for me to certainly check out sometime this year because of my writing. Thank you so much for posting the title, too! :D

I got out The Mayo Clinic Diet Book the other day, because I re-started their diet today, which I did in 2010, so I need to re-read the book to remember the information, as I go forth on this journey. :)

I also subscribed to "Prevention" magazine with my b-day $ from DH. I thought it was a good idea for me to do that. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:14 pm

What Queen Ester Knew
Business strategies from a biblical sage
by Connie Glaser & Barbara Smalley

This book is excellent & I enjoying reading it.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Have started The Wedding Promise, which is part of the Angel Island Series. I'm enjoying it, even though DD says it looks like a "terrible book". :lol: We have different tastes in reading material!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Finished a very good children's book called The Doll People. It's by Ann M. Martin and Laura Godwin. There are 2 more in the series. Will share this one with a little girl at church, I think.

Have started Love is a Gentle Stranger by June Masters Bacher. This one is an old-fashioned romancey western.

Both of these books were freebies. I will enjoy and pass them on...

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

I am reading Enter The Zone By Barry Sears w/ Bill Lawren
Thanks Harriet for mentioning this one in the health and fitness thread.

I sure am learning a lot. I will need some help working out the lean bmi #. The recipes look tasty. No carb or nutritional info. on the meals however but I know carb info. now so should not be a problem. :idea: I will be reading some of it more than once.

I've just finished reading I Declare by Joel Osteen.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:17 pm

My new used book arrived today: The Fibromyalgia Help Book - Practical Guide to Living Better with Fibromyalgia, by Jenny Fransen, R. N. and I. Jon Russell, M. D., Ph. D.

Another book I have about getting anxiety and worry under control is called: Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, by Robert M. Sopolsky.

I have a used book called: The Long Run, by Leo Fury. It's about boys.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:38 am

Have finished A Perfect Love by Copeland and Hunt. Just started Hearts at Home by the same authors. There is such a beautiful scene in the first chapter of this book! These are the last 2 books in the series "Heavenly Daze". Have had them on the shelf for over a year. Sure doesn't take long to read a book when I'm enjoying it as much as I am these 2. Why did I wait so long to read them? :)

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Reading Evensong by Gail Godwin. It's about a woman Episcopal priest and her priest/headmaster husband. Setting is the mountains of NC. Very good so far.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 am

Just finished a re-read "An Organized Writer is a Selling Writer," by Kathryn Lay.

Now I'm re-reading "Boundaries - Where You End & I Begin," by Kathrine Anne, M. A. and I'm reading for the first time "Wild Mind - Living the Writer's Life," by Natalie Goldberg.

I have a book to start called "How to Write Mystery", but I forget the author's last name. His first name's Larry though.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Have started The Bargain which is by Mary Jo Putney. It's historical romance.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”