What Are You Reading This Year? 2013

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: What Are You Reading This Year? 2013

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:48 pm

I saw the Oprah had announced her latest book club selection I have not decided if I will read it or not yet.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:29 pm

What's the title of Oprah's book club latest selection? :?: I started 1 of her book club books, "She's Come Undone," but never finished it. In the New Year, it's on my list of "to do"-s. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 pm

I think it is the secret life of bees by Sue Monk Kid. Oprah's web site has more info.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:00 pm

:D Thanks, Nancy! :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Annie's Christmas Wish by Barbara Cameron

That may be the last book I read for 2013. I'm close to finishing the KJ Bible. Will do that and then my plan is to read the ESV--English Standard Version--for 2014. Merry Christmas to all of you!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Hmmm, I thought she did The Secret Life of Bees a while back. Maybe I'm wrong, and I read it because someone mentioned it (Lucylee?). I thought it was similar to The Color Purple, if you're familiar with that.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:21 pm

:D I got a $25 B 'n' N gift card. I bought Joel Osteen's new book called "Break Out," and "The Secret Life of Bees," by Sue Monk Kidd. :D

I'm grateful I found out about Sue Monk Kidd's book here in this thread. I appreciate this thread very much. :mrgreen: Thank you all for mentioning such good books for us all to consider reading, buying or checking out of a library. It's great this thread's here to keep us all updated on good books and how we like them, etc. :D

Thank YOU, Nancy, for starting this thread, too! :!:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:07 am

Joel O.'s book is on my wish list too. I saw it at the store not much time to read at the moment.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:01 pm

When I received the B 'n' N gift card, I ordered Joel Osteen's book just fine, but when I went to order Debbie Macomber's e-book called "Once Upon a Time: Discovering Our Forever After Story," I hit the wrong thing, it didn't go onto the gift card and I'd charged it to our credit card! :oops: :o So eventually, I got up the courage to go back, saw where to redeem the gift card again, for Sue Monk Kidd's "Secret Life of Bees." Boy, was my face read. I even shed a couple of tears from being so inept. :cry:

I'm getting back-logged with reading to get done, too, having a ghost stories of WA State on loan from DD. I want to ship it back to her about Dec. 26-27. I have a bit of time yet. :idea: :)

P. S. Sue Monk Kidd's book is about 35 miles from my house, as of 5 p.m. tonight. Then, Joel Osteen's book left Sparks, NV about 1:15 p.m. today, which is due on/by Thurs. the 19th. I'm so excited, think I'll read Joel's book first, because it's coming at the right time of my life, with facing the New Year, the new health care system, etc... :idea: Also, it'll be helpful with day-to-day life, too. :idea:

I LOVE BOOKS! :mrgreen:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:58 pm

I loved The Secret Life of Bees, and another book by Sue Monk Kidd, The Mermaid Chair.

I have sooo many books stacked up waiting for me to read them... and I'm asking for more for Christmas. :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”