April Reading & Media 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Ivy

Re: April Reading & Media 2014

Postby Ivy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm on chapter 10 of "Break Out!" by Joel Osteen. There are 25 chapters.

DH is watching a religious movie, which goes from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., called "Quo Vadis." I did some puttering & reading during it, as the movie's old & doesn't really amuse me that much. I'm awaiting "The Ten Commandments," when it comes on later.

I'll keep plugging along on Joel's book. I have "The Four Agreements," to read. I'm starting chapter agreement #3 next. I'd love to start my new novel "Jane's Melody: A Novel," by Ryan Winfield, too. :idea: :D Then, I'll pre-order his sequel called "Jane's Harmony." He's a unique author because he's male, writing in the first person female POV. I have a writer friend, a man, who does the same thing. It's amazing when a man can do that. I tried and sold a male POV story, too. My first & only. I'm itching to try it again, too. :idea: Reading & writing are so wonderful. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 pm

[color=#008000]I finished the remaining 9 chapters to the end of the book all about IBS, written by a gastroenterologist. It was VERY GOOD! I learned a LOT! :!: Also, I'm glad that many things in the book, I'm already doing, have had for years, & am glad that certain OTC meds he listed, I take, too; Gas-Ex, Beano, Acetaminophen, and a psillium fiber. :) I'm on the right track, will put into action some things he talked about & was happy to know all patients are different, some foods, which bother some, don't bother others. "THE DYNAMIC DIET," is a diet you make up yourself, if you have IBS, from foods you CAN eat without a problem.

Also, was very happy to learn how de-stressing types of things I do, are things he suggests to do, too. :P
[/color]
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 am

I am reading all e books now none are ones with actual pages. I finished Perfecting Your Purpose by David D. Ireland. Currently Reading Banish Clutter Forever by Shelia Chandra not much new in this one the foremat is a challenge on my tablet.
Got "The Knit Stitch" a book of knitting stitches.
And "The Secrets Of Power Negotiating" I have not started it yet.

I have books with paper pages devos. To finish and read for May.

I have been watching various period series like the Vinkings, on net flicks Henry 8th, Borgia and close my eyes or fast forward in the grusome parts not for youngsters! I love the scenery and costumes and chickens horses and other animals in em!

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”