Reading Media May 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Ivy

Re: Reading Media May 2014

Postby Ivy » Mon May 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Today's Memorial Day. DH is watching "Taking Chance," starring Kevin Bacon. It's about a soldier taking a fallen soldier's body home for a service & burial. It's a tearjerker & DH watches it every year. He gets tears in his eyes, & so do I.

"Mad Men," will resume their season in 2015, which will have their final finale. This mid-season finale was very good.

We're looking forward to receiving our new books. :) :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 27, 2014 9:32 am

I kept dozing during mad men.

Have been watching a lot of war series on net flicks this Mem. Day week.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed May 28, 2014 1:31 am

DH has been watching a lot of war movies & documentaries on war this week, too. His last p.m. on a 3-night war mini-series is Wed. night.

We watched "America's Got Talent," tonight. It was good.

I'm glad "Mad Men," is taking a mid-season break into 2015, because I was getting tired of the Don Draper drama thing at work & with his wild sexually pot-smoking actress wife, too. I didn't think they needed to put some of the sordid sexual things in there, just to fill in air time to keep viewers who want a thrill seeing such stuff. I mean, the 1st two seasons were better, to me, until Don got let go, then came back. Hoping the New Year it'll be full of great plotting & story lines. :idea: :?:

Ordered "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings," by Maya Angelou. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 28, 2014 3:09 pm

We are watching "Wings Of War" on net flicks. Enjoying it a lot leaning too.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 28, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed May 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Tonight's the last night for DH watching his 3-night war mini-series.

I'll try to read on some Nook Book e-books this evening and "Break Out!" by Joel Osteen. :idea:

"So You Think You Can Dance," Is on Fox-TV tonight!!!! :P :P

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 30, 2014 12:04 am

"Living Below Zero," is on tonight on channel National Geographic channel, about Alaskans living off the grid. Very interesting & educational.

DH's "Closer," book about the NY Yankees pitcher, retired last year, very famous & the very best ever, came today. So did my "The Invention of Wings," by Sue Monk Kidd, which is a historical novel in the South, about freedoms, and several things of that time in 1803 on up.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:30 am

On Sunday night, a new series on cable is on, called "Mountain Men." I believe the location's Alaska again. I'll run to ask DH what channel it's on.... The History Channel, at 6 p.m. Pacific Time. Then, on AMC, in the place of "Mad Men" (who are on a mid-season break) there is "Halt & Catch Fire," on AMC. We're going to watch it at it's 8 p.m. showing, but it's on at other times the same evening.

I never finished Joel Osteen's "Break Out!" book in May. I'd hoped to finish it during Lent. I hope to catch up on reading in June, namely new books & also books DD has loaned me to read. I think a good way for me to do it, perhaps, is to take a timer, after using a 15-minute timer, on my round robins, then while I'm resting from my robin work, I can sit down, rest & read on a book. If I focused on 1 book a day, I'd be getting, not only, my house cleaner & decluttered, but I'd be getting my reading caught up, too. :idea: :)

Onward into June's Reading & Media we go! :P

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”