Happy SHE Day!

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Twins' Mom

Happy SHE Day!

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Today is the 27th anniversary of the day that P & P "hit bottom" as cited in GYAT Get your Act Together. Very funny awful description of the events at the bottom before they decided to change for good.

Celebrating the book that brought us together - it's still a good read!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: Happy SHE Day!

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:04 am

I remember the feeling of gratitude when I learned that these two sisters had such haphazard lives, trying to hold it all together! I was grateful someone would write all that down so openly. I didn't have a sister, so I assumed two sisters who lived close to each other and were pals willing to be a part of each other's lives would have much more "together" lives than me. Finding out they had the same struggles and bewilderment as I did made me realize I wasn't the only one, I was actually pretty terrific, my mistakes were more humorous than embarrassing, and I could probably do as well as they had done!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:35 am

I loved the way they wrote - so memorable!

The washing machine had a lol in it when Pam moved so everything in the moving van was faintly tinged green. I could go on and with some of their memorable phrases.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Also, being from WA State w/P & P living in Vancouver, WA, in the Southern part of the State, near the Oregon border, we'd see them on Seattle TV Stations all the time, The Phil Donohue Show, The Today Show & much much more. Incredibly clever, comical, witty, & fun- these 2 gals were & STILL ARE AWESOME! I didn't know much about the card file system, until reading their books, have a SHE file box, a SHE cards clear acrylic folder, too. Their way of presenting homekeeping & motherhood, volunteering, & way at looking at life is/was so very unique. I've got one of their videos on how to declutter, it's hilarious, as they declutter a drawer in the kitchen. I've got other things from them, too, but passed their books on. It's so fun to see Pam Young on the Internet, see her videos, & all I can say is HAVE A HAPPY SHE DAY, 1 & ALL![b][size=150][/b]![/size] :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”