Reading & Media for July, 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
lucylee

Re: Reading & Media for July, 2014

Postby lucylee » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 am

Ooohhh... I must get that Hidden Treasures, FF!!! I am thinking... ooohhh... would that and Flylady's Sink Reflections be a good "housewarming" gift for ddil and ds? Neither one of them would read either book all the way through, but it might be a good start for them.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:08 am

I've searched for that book ("Move less, lose more"), FF, but can't seem to find it. Is that the exact name? Who is the author, maybe I can find using that route.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:31 pm

DeeClutter , I apologize. I gave the incorrect title. :o :roll: :oops: It is: MOVE A LITTLE, LOSE A LOT - NEW NEAT SCIENCE REVEALS HOW TO BE THINNER, HAPPIER AND SMARTER, by James A. Levine, MD, PhD. and Selene Yeager. I don't know why I got it into my head it was move less, lose more. It might have been the title to an internet article on the same study and NEAT formula. My e-book is 202 pages long, I believe the other copy was in paperback. :?: I got mine through Barnes 'n' Noble for my Nook Color, but it'll probably be at Amazon, too.

Lucylee , I believe that "Sink Reflections" AND "Hidden Treasures" both compliment each other. I also think it's a perfect "housewarming" gift, too. Neat idea, Lucy! :D :idea:

I downloaded a free Friday Blog e-book from B 'n' N today. It's a true story called "Nobody Comes," by Anthony Cleary. It's about orphanages in Rumania. The rest of the title is "The True Story of the rescue of a Child From a Romanian Orphanage." It's 243 e-book pages.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:10 am

My first book by Ryan Winfield is called: "JANE'S MELODY"
My second book by him (arrived today) and it's called: "JANE'S HARMONY."

I have other reading to catch up on before I read his 2 books in the series though. :idea:

We're watching the Mariners play, haven't found anything to watch after the game yet, but hoping we can find something.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:41 pm

I totaled up the cost of books, for this past charge card period :roll: and decided to curtail the book-buying for awhile. :idea: :) DH and I talked, decided our goal is to ONLY have gas on the card, to pay everything else by cash.... So I'll "buy" FREE e-books instead and read already-bought e-books, paperbacks and hardbacks. I'll have 2 books on the Aug. 3 - Sept. 2 card bill, but that's it. I can buy books at Costco for a reasonable price, too. Also, :idea: I can open them up, check the print and space between the lines, which are good for my eyes. Sometimes ordering a book is harder on my eyes, once I receive them because of 5 eye problems I have. I need that space between lines, if the print is small. I can see okay, but the print that's too close to each line is harder on my eyes, causing strain. :| So I'm opting for charging less, inspecting books in person more. It'll be easier on us financially and my eyes, too.

Being as so many free e-books are available, too, is a good thing. :D

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:25 pm

I'm catching up on Devotion readings in my booklet; I'm on #6 now, need to go to #12. :idea:

My pre-ordered Debbie Macomber book "Love Letters," #3 in the Rose Harbor series (autographed!) comes on Friday.

I have some magazines to read, for health and for research for work and also for the short story co-writers in my group, to see what they've been getting publishes.

I have books on a list, written out, to read in order. Want to be more proactive with my reading. :!: :idea: :)

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”