Reading & Media for July, 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Reading & Media for July, 2014

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:44 am

Got a used book "Writing Essays About Literature". Guide and style and sheet. By Kelly Griffith, Jr.

Last weekend I got another how to draw book for the grandkids called "The Big Book of Drawing".

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Bought a book at Costco today called "[u]ALL FALL DOWN,[/u]" by Jennifer Weiner. I got it $5 cheaper than on-line and it's hardbound, too. :mrgreen: I started reading Jennifer Weiner's book. She brings the characters and plot to life, she's so on-spot cool with her descriptive words, makes me feel like I'm "INSIDE" her book, with her characters. I picked this particular book up, not because of the title, but because of having seen Jennifer Weiner's name several times, on-line, in magazines, in ads, etc.... I'm not sorry at all, for buying this book. I'm so delighted it's turning out to be such a good read. :) Sometimes, we readers get an added bonus from a good book and it's wonderful to read a fresh new author, to us. :idea:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:53 pm

:mrgreen: I just ordered a book I read about in FlyLady's emails. :mrgreen:

It's called: "HIDDEN TREASURES", by Paddi P. Newline (FlyLady's real life blood sister), with Ken Hartley, with Jessica Oliver. It's $13.93 at Barnes & Noble, in paperback, but Amazon sells it in paperback and for the Kindle. I have no Kindle. Only a Nook Color, so the e-version for the Nook Color isn't yet available. I've read good things in FlyLady's emails about the book. It's about decluttering, what the 3 ladies learn about the FlyLady system, and this book supposedly brings readers to tears :cry: AND laughter. :lol: I believe it'll be a good read. :idea: ;)

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:08 am

I'm reading an e-book all about the NEAT exercise info. It stands for Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenetics, I believe that last word's correct. The book's title is "Move Less & Lose More." It's by a Dr. from the Mayo Clinic. It's extremely good, informative, with valuable and interestingly helpful information. :D

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm

I watched 2.5 Hallmark HD Cable-TV light romantic movies today. ♥ It was so fun because they were light. I find that LMN often times has a woman as a victim or crime as the center of their story lines and plots. On Hallmark, they're more light, fun, human, cute, sweet, funny.... and I could go on and on with nice descriptions. After this, if I'm finding myself here alone with DH gone, instead of always putting on music, I'll put on the Hallmark Channel. I learn a lot, too, about life, myself, and enjoy "getting lost" in the movie. As Martha would say: "It's a good thing." :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Got t.d. jakes newest book today Instinct.
I am enjoying it. Read the 1st chapter, the print is
Good size too! Itvis a bookwith actual pages.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:22 pm

What is "INSTINCT" about, Nancy? :?:
Is it a mystery? I love books with real pages, too.
Know why? On my Nook Color, when it says a book is 200 pages long, I don't know how that compares to a paperback or hardbound book. :?: Then, I have a few e-books that say they're over 1,000 pages long. :o :?: But compared to a real book with pages, what does it mean? I love my Nook Color, too, because it's fewer books on my shelves to deal with. So it cuts down on clutter. :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Instinct the power to unleash your inborn drive.
A self help type book.
T.j. jakes the pastor that did the movie with Whitney Huston sparkle in it just before she died. And "woman thou art loosed" before that. He is a pastor in Tex.

I am going to use it as a devo.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Nancy, It sounds good to use it as a devo.

I enjoy self-help books, too. :idea:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:31 pm

"Hidden Treasures," is such a GREAT READ! :!: :P I'm glad I bought it. It gives greater insights into the FlyLady system, too. The authors make it fun because the main character is reading a Flybaby's diary. So you not only get the Flylady story in the diary, but you get it from the main POV person.

We're keeping up on "America's Got Talent." It's good clean (most of the time) fun, is entertaining, and enjoyable.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”