OCTOBER 2014 READING & MEDIA

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
FelineFriend

OCTOBER 2014 READING & MEDIA

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:00 pm

[color=#40BFBF][color=#0000BF] :D Happy October! :mrgreen:

What are YOU reading this month? :?:

What are YOU watching on TV, DVD's or Netflix, etc...? :?:

We're watching new season shows, the play-offs, leading up to The World Series, and my "Cedar Cove" finale is this Saturday.

I'm reading on an inspirational book, (mentioned in Sept.'s posts), called "THE HOW OF HAPPINESS." :D

Have a great month of October viewing and reading! :D
[/color[/color]]
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: OCTOBER 2014 READING & MEDIA

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:23 pm

I am watching "black list" this week.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:55 pm

I LOVE "The Black List," too! :P The main actor is so awesome! :!:

We have the movie "O' Brother, Where Art Thou?" and we have the music CD soundtrack, too! :) :)

When I took calligraphy classes with a world renowned master calligrapher in 1994, he had us do optional homework. One thing was to work practice sessions at home for 4 hours a day, to music. Some music he suggested was the soundtracks to "Mission," which is a movie, too, and one to "Backdraft," with is a movie, too.

Optional reading included "Walking on Water," by Madeline L' Engle, too. I heard she used to be a nun, left the convent, and wrote religious books, etc....

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:43 pm

I ordered an e-book for $2.99 + tax = $3.25. It's called:

THE HYPOTHYROIDISM IMMEDIATE ACTION PLAN: START LOSING WEIGHT, FEEL ENERGIZED & HEALTHY, THE NATURAL WAY, by Elizabeth Hungerford. I have this disorder, so felt it was a good idea to learn more. The write-up said, also, that it helps readers with their body temperature, fatigue, and weight gain. I think this will be a good book. :idea: :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:27 am

Done watching "black list".
"Alais " is this weeks choice.
Lib Called my req book came got it, "a writers book of days " e book sample was better bc quotes are in orange and harder to read. E book had em in black text Half done with this one now.

Reading a piece work mag. Some interesting articles in this one on Susan B Anthony writing about lace and Laura Ingles Wilder knitting lace from thread.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:59 am

The book I've just started reading is: The Prayerful Spirit Passion for God, Compassion for People by James P. Gills, M.D. Dr. Gills is a local, well-known eye surgeon in our area. It is very well written with many Bible verses for reference.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Reading "teacher man" By Frank McCort it is excellent.
Started a new devo. "A Place Of Quiet Rest" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I have just started it but it seems good so far.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:55 pm

I finished Cynthia Ewer's book on organizing yesterday. I've posted the title here before, in 2 places.
Also, I finished reading an e-book on Hypothyroidsim yesterday, too.
Currently, I'm reading "The How of Happiness," a book on friendships, which I've posted the title here before, and I put the bookmark in the "Simple Kabbala" book, from DD to read. :idea:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty... WOW... that was sooo good!!! I could not put it down!
Tomorrow is another day.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:21 pm

I ordered a new paperback book today, which I learned about from a crochet blog, which took me to the author's FB page. The name of it is: [i]"Crochet Saved My Life: The Mental and Physical Health Benefits of Crochet"[/i], by Kathryn Vercillo, and the photographer is Julie Michelle. This book's bio states how it features 12 women, who have health issues and challenges. Some of them are Restless Legs Syndrome, PSTD, Depression, Schizophrenia, and some chronic pain diseases, etc... It sounded, to me, like the women featured in this book, had a tragic health problem, situation, or pain (emotional or physical) and crochet helped them deal with their afflictions. The review I read was 5-stars out of 5. It sounded like a very good read. :idea: It should arrive before or on Friday, too. Or perhaps, if they transfer it from UPS into the USPS, it can show up in my mailbox on Saturday. It sounds exciting to read something like this, to me, because of osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, pain, etc... This book reveals the "testimony" of lives of women who have conquered their challenges.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”