Reading Media Nov. - Dec. 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
FelineFriend

Re: Reading Media Nov. - Dec. 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Am reading through quilting/sewing/craft books/leaflets for pattern ideas, info, etc... :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:01 am

I stuck with The Affair, FelineFriend, and guess what? It ended w/a big cliff-hanger and said it would return for a second season... so we still don't know for sure who killed Allison's brother-in-law! :x
But I really enjoyed the intrigue of it all. I'll be hanging on it again next season, I'm sure...

Reading...
Just started The Traveler's Gift, by Andy Andrews. It's a sort of self-help/motivational story wrapped up in a fictional novel. Just finished The Noticer, by the same author. A former student recommended these a couple years ago and I just got around to reading them. Very good, though -- all about changing your circumstances by changing your perspective.
Tomorrow is another day.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:54 pm

We've been watching news today, splashed with a lot of movies. DH is now watching "Mighty Joe Young," about some type of ape. :roll: :lol: At least he's occupied, while he drifts in and out of sleep. ;)

I'm looking forward to Christmas music tomorrow, perhaps seeing special Christmas shows and something inspirational for the season.

I believe DD is giving books away, for a lot of us, for Christmas gifts; this probably means 2 books for me; 1 for Christmas & 1 for my January b-day. I have tons of books, I'd love to get caught up on them, sometime this year, when I'm not writing, that is. At least I can read and watch TV at the same time. :idea: :mrgreen:

I have several Nook e-books to read, also. :idea: :!: :!: :!:

That's interesting, LucyLee, about the brother-in-law's death. I'm glad we dropped out of watching it, as I would've been very frustrated to watch a cliff-hanger! :roll: :!:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:25 pm

DD gave me a book for Christmas. "AUTHENTIC HAPPINESS - USING THE NEW POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY TO REALIZE YOUR POTENTIAL FOR LASTING FULFILLMENT,: by Martin E. P. Seligman, Ph. D. He's written a ton of books!

DD gave DH a book for Christmas, too: "FOUNDING BROTHERS - THE REVOLUTIONARY GENERATION," by Joseph J. Ellis, who is a winner of the Pulitzer Prize. It's a history book, it looks very interesting, and like a good read, too.

Tonight, on TV, DH doesn't know what we'll watch on TV tonight, but he's looking. He's decided to watch, "The Unsinkable Molly Brown," starring Debbie Reynolds on Turner Classic Movies at 7:30 p.m. He didn't want to watch the DVD Christmas gift, on the Navy Seals tonight, because he's tired, and wanted something light, funny, uplifting, and entertaining. :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Watched "Red Dog" on net flicks and enjoyed that one.
Have a new devo on. My ereader. e-book do not remember the title will be back later with that title. Finished a diff one on prayer this week and reading the a diff. one now. kne is by warren wersby the other by gary chapman.

I need to order my weaving book a replacement for one that got runined. Maybe look at some mags with my gift card.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:51 pm

We're watching "Robinson Caruso," on TCM tonight, so far.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:46 am

"Alaska: the Last Frontier," and "CSI" is on tonight.

DH is watching "Ax Men," right now.

We've watched pro-football today. Go Seahawks! :P 8-)

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:25 am

DH is watching "The Hunger Games," on the Family Channel. (I believe reading the book would've been better! No TV ads!) :lol:

DH and I used to watch a soap opera, which I started watching in the 1970's. 1 of my pen pals, I used to have, was insanely in love with this soap opera. In fact, she had autographed memorabilia from the stars, posters, and various fan things. But her sister threw it all in the garbage, to her angst, which started a life-long feud. When I told her we'd stopped watching it, to watch the late morning news instead, she never wrote me ever again. I guess we didn't have much in common, after I dropped viewing this show, but DH and I don't miss it now. When we accidentally see part of it or an ad on TV for it, it's like we're watching total make-believe and we can't understand how we'd gotten so "INTO" it for such a long time. DH retired 15 - 16 years ago, so we started watching it together. We were addicted to it, too. I think it's great entertainment for people though. It's a stress-reliever and it relaxes a lot of people, to watch it. :idea:

"The Hunger Games," is on from 8 - 11 p.m. tonight. :shock: We recently watched "Divergent," and it was good, too. 8-)

DH watched "Flying Alaska," tonight, a documentary about bush pilots in Alaska. It was cool.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:49 am

I was very happy to find Chapter 3, in PDF form, on-line, for free, which is chapter 3 in Dr. Phil McGraw's upcoming book released on 1-5-15, called "The 20/20 Diet." It makes me so happy my Dfriend is ordering this book for me! :mrgreen:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:37 am

I watched The Guiding Light from my early teens until it went off the air. I hated it so much that it ended -- but it's good I'm not so addicted to anything that time-consuming anymore. The Affair and Downton Abbey were 1-hr per week -- Guiding Light was FIVE hours per week.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”