Reading Media Nov. - Dec. 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
FelineFriend

Re: Reading Media Nov. - Dec. 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:05 pm

My BFF in Ashburn, VA is giving me, "The 20/20 Diet," by Dr. Phil McGraw, for Christmas, but it's not being released until 1-5-15. I'll have that, to look forward to. I saw "Dr. Phil," on TV at 9 p.m. on KONG-6, which is a sister station of KING-5. His show is re-broadcast there, for evenings, M - F. His diet's based on scientific data, studies, and surveys and interviews of Americans. They told what they did, when they ate emotionally, how they succeeded, etc... His book will be full of information, nutrition info, etc... I'm very happy my BFF is giving it to me. ♥

We're going to watch, "Peter Pan," live from 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. this evening. Quite frankly, I cannot stand to sit for a long period, like that, whereas DH loves TV. So I'll be "in-and-out," doing other things, too. I have some reading to catch up on, too.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Got off track with my qt reading ebook Adventures In Daily Prayer by Bert Gazzi it feels great to be back on track with that again now.

Watching the Celtic Women home for Christmas special my regular Thursday nite shows are done for the year.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:55 pm

DH is watching a LOT of college football today. It's exciting to see the young men play!

I'm reading on "The Four Agreements Companion Book," and a meditations book, which is about the same Toltec subject.

We watch a lot of documentaries, old movies, and shows on Alaska, when we're not watching sports shows or sports talk shows or boxing matches.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Went to a book sale today found some of interest for the jail. Soft cover Idiots Guide to Choosing Training and Raising a Dog, Gardening for Dummies, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, Drawing and Painting Hands and Feet , To Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybe,s, and one for here Disney's Christmas Craft for Kids.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Your books sound good, Nancy!

DH is watching pro-football today. We'll watch CSI on NBC tonight at 10 p.m. We'll also watch the Alaska homesteading series. It's on Discovery and DH just said it's NOT on tonight. It's called, "Alaska, the Last Frontier." It follows a multi-generational family of homesteaders, the people are such lovely souls, one couple even has a little baby now, and it's full of interesting information and wonderful ideas!

I'm reading on my new books, slowly, about the Toltec path and philosophy. It's very relaxing, peaceful, and leaves me with such a nice feeling, when I read their meditations, etc....

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:35 pm

I love that show alaska the last frontier. H is Watching Highway through Hell on the weather channel.

2 nite Mini series "The Red Tent" is on this week. I loved that book.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:24 am

We're watching Jackie Evancho in concert on PBS this evening. Beautiful angelic voice!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Watched "Santa Paws" today w toddlerN .

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:04 pm

We're going to watch some shows on CBS tonight:
"Two Broke Girls," because the brunette is Josh Groban's girlfriend, I'm a music fan of his, and they're madly in love.
"Mike & Molly,"
"Scorpion,"
"NCIS L. A."

And then, we're uncertain what we'll watch. If we're not too tired, this evening, after the 11 - 11:35 p.m. news, we may watch, "The Jimmy Kimmel Show," until midnight, then head to bed. We had to get up early this a.m., for DH's Dr. appt., and my lab work. I had a nap, but I might tire out before 11 p.m. and head to bed.

If I get too busy, with other things, I don't watch TV at all; DH does, so it's in the background, while I'm doing "my thing". ;)

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:37 pm

I only watched "Two Broke Girls," last night, part of "Scorpion," and went to sleep in my recliner about 10 p.m., then went to bed at 11 p.m. I was too tired to concentrate on TV last night, I saw what I wanted to see and that's that.

I covered a book by Virginia Woolf, called "Mrs. Dalloway." The cover was folded, but didn't fit a different book. Rather than have a beautiful orange and deep aquas print cover laying and going to waste on my desk, I decided to put it to good use. It's very cheerful-looking. :mrgreen: ;)

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”