Reading Media Nov. - Dec. 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
FelineFriend

Re: Reading and Media Nov. 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:26 pm

I have a book to finish, to loan to DD, so she can read it, and then we can discuss it. The title is: The Four Agreements - A Toltec Wisdom Book , by Don Miguel Ruiz. I'll gather other books I've read, to loan to her, will put them into a gift bag or a blank gift bag from The Dollar Tree, for her to transport them easily in, back home.

I might loan her books I've not read yet, which I've bought from The Dollar Tree, too. I don't want to overwhelm her with too many, because she's currently listening to audio books at You Tube and is reading a lot of Norman Vincent Peale's books, too. I'll gather books, to show her, when she comes tomorrow. She can decide if she wants to read them or not. If I don't finish the "Agreements" book, I'll give her books at Christmastime, to return home with her then. OR in Jan., when it's my b-day.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:39 am

DD said she already owns the book, "The Four Agreements," by Don Miguel Ruiz, so I'll keep my copy. I've ordered the companion book to it, which comes Tuesday or Wednesday.

DD isn't reading that much right now, so declined the offer to take any of my books on loan over the holidays.

At Christmas, DH gives me a money gift. I plan on purchasing more books by Don Miguel Ruiz and 2 by his son, Don Miguel Ruiz, Jr.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:53 am

Watched "Cowgirls and Angels" on netflicks. Really enjoyed it last night. Could not find a mag I wanted.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:53 pm

We finished the seven newer seasons of Doctor Who, so have been watching movies on Netflix. "The Apostle" with Robert Duvall was good, but it is only there until Dec 1st. Also watched "The Duchess" with Kiera Knightley, which I enjoyed and DH just endured for my sake. :) We both liked "On My Way", which is in French with English subtitles, so we really had to pay attention!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:59 pm

On net flicks enjoying "Dogs With Jobs" h is watching hunting videos & dvds.

Nancy

Re: Reading Media Nov. - Dec. 2014

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Enjoying the discovery channel show called "The Edge of Alaska" we are enjoying that show. It is a new one. Looking forward to a new one with Kathrin Higel in it on on of the main net work channels.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm currently reading, "The Power of Patience," by M. J. Ryan, a female Christian writer.

I'm getting the companion book to "The Four Agreements," by don Miguel Ruiz, on Tuesday. The Four Agreements are:
1- Be impeccable with your word,
2- Don't take anything personally,
3- Don't make assumptions,
4- Do your very best.
I enjoy those 4 points the author makes, to be a better person. I've memorized the 4 agreements, ask myself throughout the day, if I'm doing them or not, which helps me daily with my self-care, routines, relationships, and a whole lot more.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 pm

I ordered my Christmas gifts, from DH, to me, today. They are 4 books and 1 music CD. They are:

"The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery," by don Miguel Ruiz and don Jose Ruiz,

"The Circle of Fire: Inspiration and Guided Meditations for Living in Love and Happiness, by don Miguel Ruiz,

"The Five Levels of Attachment: Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World," by don Miguel Ruiz Jr., Forward by don Miguel Ruiz,

"Living a Life of Awareness: Daily Meditations on the Toltec Patch, by don Miguel Ruiz Jr.,

"Closer," an older music CD, which Josh Groban released when he was 22 years old; he's about 32 - 33 years old now, I believe the Internet said.

I continue to read, Crochet Saved my Life," by Kathryn Vercillo and "The Practice of Patience," by M. J. Ryan, too. :mrgreen:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:16 am

DH is watching a show called, "Live Free or Die," where people live off the land.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:52 am

Kids books are the only thing I had time to read lately. Watched Burts Bees on net flicks yesterday a ducumentary style movie.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”