Reading Media Nov. - Dec. 2014

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Reading Media Nov. - Dec. 2014

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Finished viewing red tent last night it was gory! :shock:

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 pm

I didn't watch The Red Tent, but did read the book years ago and thought it was good.

Just read The Martian by Andy Weir and couldn't put it down! Dh is now reading it. I'm not usually into science fiction, but this one was so full of suspense it drew me right into the story. An astronaut is left behind on Mars, by accident, and is trying to survive for 4 years until the next planned mission to Mars.

Watched The Fault in Our Stars. Don't see this unless you want to cry!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Watched The Christmas Card on dvd. It's a 2006 Hallmark Christmas movie that my friend watches every year. The scenery was beautiful. Glad I found this at the library.

Have 3 library books--one that I've waited for for months--and will have very little time for reading over the next few weeks. Guess I won't list them yet...
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:46 pm

We watched the Army-Navy game today, boxing, and the Heisman Trophy winner's ceremony. We continue to watch boxing, as it's on 3 times this evening, on 3 different cable stations, and late tonight, we'll watch "Saturday Night Live," a. k. a. SNL, because the star of "The Lord of the Rings," who plays Froto, is hosting. We saw him last night on "The Tonight Show", with Jimmy Falon. He was a riot and such a funny, sweet, nice guy! He's a British actor.

On Tuesday the 16th, we'll watch Debbie Macomber's movie, "Mr. Miracle," at 1 p.m. on The Hallmark HD Channel. The times since Friday, were at odd times, which conflicted with our other viewing, so DH and I, both, agreed how 1 p.m. on a Tuesday's the perfect time for us both to be home, relaxed, and have time to view it together, without any other conflicts.

I read a meditation book in the mornings and do journal exercises, from "The Four Agreements Companion Book," every morning, too. This is all that I have time to read currently, but I did manage to read an e-book on Tinnitus 1 day this past week. I ordered a paperback book, on the same subject, which should most likely arrive between Monday - Wednesday. In the meantime, I'm getting last-minute crochet done, so I can read this book quickly, prior to a Dr. appt.

After I read the Tinnitus book, after Christmas, I'll be able to read more. I have the inkling DD is blessing me with a re-gifted book, so I'll have that to read, too. I noticed how there are several novels, from DD, and which I've purchased, to read in The New Year - 2015, so this will help to not "be required" to check library books out, nor purchased anymore, for several months. Unless I'm given a book store gift card for my b-day. :idea:

Happy movie watching, TV viewing, and reading, EVERYBODY! It's fun, isn't it? 8-) :mrgreen: :!:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:12 am

We watched pro-football today & tonight, from 9 - 10 p.m., we're watching, "Alaska: The Last Frontier," which is a high caliber show about a multi-generational family of homesteaders, DH said it's on The Discovery Channel.

We stopped watching, "The Affair," about 2 - 3 weeks ago. We were getting pretty bored with the same storyline, and then, when they introduced drug smuggling, into the mix, it really KILLED it for me. I'm glad we let it "go". It wasn't doing anything for us, in any way, except boring us. :o

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Received a book 1 day early, "Tinnitus No More," by Brian M. Lawrence. Want to read it prior to Dr. appt. later this week. It has 76 pages, it's about 8.5" x 4.5" and 1/4" thick. I'm sure it won't take long to read it.

DH is watching TCM tonight. Nothing much seems to be on of interest to us, other than these good old movies. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:48 am

H is watching here comes the boom tonight.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:12 pm

We watched baseball sports talk shows today, the news, and watched 2 old Turner Classic Movies. DH will watch the normal CBS line-up of shows tonight. I'm busy doing other things, so won't be catching every little word.

I'm reading the Tinnitus book, too, and my meditation book.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:59 pm

The free Nook Blog e-book featured for today was: "THE CHRISTMAS CANDLE," by Mac Lucado. I downloaded it.

We'll watch "Amazing Race," "Gold Rush," and a repeat of "Blue Bloods," which we have not seen, this evening.

This weekend we don't know what we'll watch yet. Besides news, it's usually sports, but no college teams play until January. We might be watching TCM movies, On Demand movies or cable shows on cars, Alaska and documentaries.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Tonight, we are watching:

- The Seattle Seahawks v. s. the Arizona Cardinals,
- "Alaksa: The Last Frontier," about a multi-generational family of homesteaders,
- "CSI," on CBS,
- the late news....
then bedtime.

I'll be reading through quilting books/leaflets this evening, too. :idea: 8-)

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”