Newbie Intro -- diajoh

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
diajoh

Newbie Intro -- diajoh

Postby diajoh » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:10 pm

MODERATOR: We have received your request to join the SHEsOrganized.org website.
This is a carefully monitored community of people sharing a specific personality trait and we were curious as to why you were looking to join.
If you could send me back what made you want to participate in our forums.

ME:

Well ... short version, I don't want my husband to divorce me because of the cat vomit on the carpets or the car keys in the freezer.
About two months ago, I finally got rid of Get Your Act Together. I've had it at least 15 years. Three weeks ago, I decided I needed a system, looked on line, found SHE and said "Crap. It figures."
Now, I've known about the system for decades. Had the original book and I got too distracted. I tried Flylady back in 99 through 2002 or so and it did nothing.
I'm in my 50s, and finally, REALLY, want to get organized.
I think.
Oh, look! A squirrel!

CathyS

Re: Newbie Intro -- diajoh

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Welcome Diajoh!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:53 pm

Welcome Diajoh! Many of us are over in PWYC working and commiserating! Please join us!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:49 pm

Fortunately, living on the 22nd floor meant no squirrels distracted me so you've been activated.

And I started a discussion in today's PWYC on where we each keep our keys to keep them from getting lost.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Welcome, diajoh. This is a great group of ladies. Nobody judges us when we get behind!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:36 pm

No squirrels here. Maybe it's the hawks or the coyotes that keep them away. I kind of miss getting distracted by
Oh, look... :lol:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Welcome I saw a squirrel in the tree here this morning and your comment made me chuckle!

diajoh

Postby diajoh » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Okay, I've toured the site (I think). I am still getting to know it, but it seems different from what I imagined it to be.
It looks like this is a site where we support each other. I think I was looking for a how-to.
I thought the cardfile section would have a list of cleaning tasks. I don't quite understand how "April cards" is cards at all. (Oh, a bunny outside the window! How cute! Hello, bunny!). Not really a criticism. Still getting to know things.
Borrowed the original SHE pigpen book (well, 1983 version) from a digital library. I'll see if I have the patience to read the PDF.
Thanks for the welcome.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:48 pm

The women on this site are very supportive. If you have any questions, please ask. Did you see the PWYC page? (Post When You Can) We normally hang out there every day and discuss our plans for the day.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi, diajoh.

For an explanation of the cardfile system with concepts for cards, go to Cardfile Central here, to the "Links" thread at the top and you'll find the first link there is to a guide to the original system. We link to it but do not reprint it here. The second link goes to one family's site in which you can click on "our cards" where anyone can view or even print card examples, but of course, like anyone's, theirs are unique to that family. If you have the book, then you have the prime explanation of the individual-chore system for cards.

Some of us do lots of cards like that method, some of us (like me) group tasks now and have fewer cards in our boxes. For instance, I group by room, group my Dailies on 3 cards by what time of day (cards for morning, afternoon, evening). Some of us, of course, have gone over to online, binders, etc.

Please hop over to the Cleaning Focus forum for both chatting about ANY cleaning plan, and also info on our rotating Focus cleaning plan that is explained there in case you'd like to follow it with us. It's designed for 4 rounds through the whole house per year, then just maintenance during holiday season, so the holidays can be given attention in a clean house.

The first few threads are sticky threads that stay up: "About" Focus Cleaning; the 2016 calendar to go through the year; the 9 focus areas and their cleaning notes (close to a list of cleaning tasks as you mentioned, just room-by-room), and maintenance how-tos with holiday planning checklists, too. This month, blessed has started the April chat thread below those. It's the second round of the year right now.

I was just chatting in PWYC today about making out my new cards for Focus Cleaning for the next month, so I have it on my mind today! I stick with it pretty regularly and enjoy it, but there are as many plans as people, of course, and several here, like Sunny, use it but don't chat much. Several use it but tweak it a great deal, or use their own plans.

Please pop over to The Decluttered Home for chat about fighting clutter. If you glance back through threads, you'll see that I like to do my decluttering of a room/area during the week before we get to it in the Focus cleaning calendar, to make cleaning easier. Everybody's doing different things, though. Some of us may be all perfectly decluttered! Ahem.... Everyone who's perfectly decluttered their home, stand up! Hmmmm... not hearing anything. ;)

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”