A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Gadler

Postby Gadler » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:45 am

Hello - I would just like to introduce myself: I am Gail from Australia, have been a dedicated devotee of OH and OC for years, and have tinkered around the edges of SHE for quite some time as well. I just haven't quite got around to joining my fellow SHE's in forums. I live in South Australia (Port Lincoln) where we are having our coldest summer in ages! I am so happy to have found this forum. Happy New Year to all. :D

lucylee

Re: New member

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:33 am

Welcome, Gadler! Or should we call you Gail?
Anyway, as one of the resident night owls, I get to be the first to say hello!
If you've been lurking long, you know I stay up too late most of the time! But I HOPE that will change next week when I go back to school. * sigh * (I teach high school.)
Anyway, we're so glad you've joined us! The Post When You Can board is probably the busiest, but just check out everything on this site -- you'll find some great friends!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:52 am

Welcome, Gadler! Our village shares in the influences of SHE and OH. Many of us posted at the forum site graciously provided by SHE sisters Pam Young and Peggy Jones until their final host, Webforums. went out of business. When those of us moved to a forum site called "SHE's Organized" provided graciously alongside OH and OC by CEO, Cynthia Ewer, we found familiar faces already actively posting there to welcome us. When CEO retired, we moved to our own village and happily have been discovered by others who found us here as you have, or have lurked for years and recently taken up village residence!

We're happy you are here and hope to hear from you often. Right now, the southeast US where I am is experiencing a warm winter - go figure. I have had the windows open the past couple afternoons to let the breeze in.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:42 am

Welcome Gadler. I'm so glad you joined us.

I'm looking forward to more posts from you.

helia spent some time in Austrailia last year while he husband was on sabbatical there. She is visiting her dmom and should be returning soon.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:34 pm

Welcome to our Village, Gadler. It's nice to meet you. You will meet the most wonderful people here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:47 pm

Hello, Gadler and Happy New Year! This is a wonderful forum full of friendly SHES. I hope you join us often.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:49 am

Hello and Welcome Gadler.

I'm fairly newish on this board and the ladies here are the friendlist bunch of people you could wish for to be friends with. They have really helped me with advice and motivation.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Welcome Gadler! This is a great place to be, everyone is so supportive and helpful. Many of us here post in the Post When You Can (PWYC) thread. We'd love to have you join us there.

My family was in Adelaide, SA for about 6 months last year, 12/07 - 5/08. Well, technically, we were in Kensington Park. :) We really really enjoyed our time in Australia! (And I happen to be a Gail too!)

BTW, what is OC? OH must be Organized Home. I need to reread Pam and Peggy's book.

Gadler

Postby Gadler » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:33 am

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. "Gadler" is my user name, Gail is my real name! Either is fine to use! Nice to see another Gail, Helia - and so pleased you enjoyed Adelaide. By the way, OC stands for Organized Christmas - sister site to Organized Home. Happy New Year to everyone.

Dove

Postby Dove » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi Gadler! Welcome to the boards. It is always nice to see new faces here. Hope you are enjoying your cool summer. Here in the Northeast part of the US this year we've had lots of snow, which I love. Looking forward to reading your posts :)

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”