*knock*knock 3 ;-)

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
SoNotDonnaReed

*knock*knock 3 ;-)

Postby SoNotDonnaReed » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Hello ladies

A good friend of mine set a trail of breadcrumbs and it landed me here ;)

Look's like a great place for support and encouragement so I am looking forward to being part of the group.

I have 3 children - ds9, dd6 & ds2. If you include my other 2 children DH39 & my furbaby I have 5 in total. Geeze no wonder I am overwheled :lol:

I found Flylady in 2004 when my DD was still a baby. Through Flylady I was somehow able to calm the CHAOS. I recently started working a couple nights a week and the CHAOS has returned, so I really need to work on rebuilding my routines with the new change and get my house & routines back on track. Anything flat (even the unflat - really - you should see my staircase :oops: ) is now a big hotspot so I have alot of work ahead of me.

Growing up I think I may have watched alittle too much Donna Reed. She has always been the goal for me, but as you can tell by my name I haven't quite reached my goal :roll: Time to readjust my goal to a more realistic one.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you

Ali

Smile*Lee

Re: *knock*knock 3 ;-)

Postby Smile*Lee » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Hey Ali! Glad you made it!
:: Time & Space for My Dreams :: Slow & Steady for a Lifetime! ::

helia

Postby helia » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Welcome, sonotdonna. Yeah, well, few of us here would claim a resemblance to Donna Reed. You're in the right place! And this IS a very warm and supportive community, a bit unusual for a cyber community in my opinion.

Ah, you know Smile. :cool:

I have 3 kids as well, ds14, dd13, and dd10. There are several of us with kids at home here. And several involved with young grandkids. I have a dh too and 3 furbabies - 1 dog and 2 guinea pigs.

Many of us post in the PWYC thread, Post When You Can. Come on over and jump in! :)

SoNotDonnaReed

Postby SoNotDonnaReed » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks for the warm Welcomes. This site is great.

Dove

Postby Dove » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi, SoNotDonna. Glad that you have joined us! My dmom was a Donna Reed type in the housekeeping department, just without the pearls & heels :)

SoNotDonnaReed

Postby SoNotDonnaReed » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Thanks for the Welcome Dove. No pearls here - but I do wear an apron most of the time. My grandma was the Donna Reed type in my family. My mom's house was very CHAOTIC. As a mom of 3 I stuggle to keep up cause I don't want my kids growing up like I did. Finding the balance has been the hardest part but I've been doing OK so far. Being a SHE makes it hard to keep a tidy home while still taking enough time for reading, playing etc... The kids will always come first for me.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”