Tomorrow in Aust.

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Kasalia

Tomorrow in Aust.

Postby Kasalia » Fri May 25, 2018 2:41 am

It is actually Friday today while US is enjoying Thursday, and I didnt want to upset the PWYC timeline. Today is supposed to be my washing day, everything sheets, towels, clothing maybe 3 - 4 loads for the two of us, but I had to go and sit for 4 hrs. in front of KMart promoting the community garden, it was market day and we were invited along with other community-based stuff.

We sold all most $37 worth which is better than nothing but with 3 days notice not easy. Anyway back to the washing NOT DONE!!
By the time we got home it was nearly 2, a bite to eat, read the forum and now it is 4 and raining and cold so I lit the fire, so much for heavy cleaning day, well that is what Friday was when doing cards, lol seems to have stuck, one positive thought.

I still haven't had a moment to even get them out of the box since I found them the other day. I really, really need too.

I am sitting in a family room, mess up to my eyeballs in junk. This is week 8 of the Grand Cleaning Plan I am doing with another forum, and 6 other rooms are clean of which I have locked the doors, OR Lightening will strike he who dares enter!!!!!...... but all the "miscellaneous" junk is here in front of me taking space looking like a version of hoarders. I have to sort it, find a spot, or put it with the other 8 boxes at the front door ready to go to goodwill, or my sisters garage sale, she wants it to make spending money for her holiday and figures I can give it to her instead, along with my sale day help, also.

Ok wasted another half hour, going to do some embroidery homework and forget about Friday, tomorrow is a new day. Hope it is sunny although we desparately need the rain. Now to find dinner, I don't do menus either, thats another thing :lol:

Enjoy your Friday.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Tomorrow in Aust.

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 25, 2018 6:47 am

Good morning, Australia! I was pleased and surprised to find today's PWYC already started. Was going to name it "First Step Friday", but I'm really happy to see a different title here.

I've been awake since 2:30am. :shock: :roll: DD just left for work. I finally got up a little after 5:30 and began my runs to the car. I already have 1,500 steps in and it's not even 7. But that's good because steps will be a little slow through the day. Have to meet dbil/dsisil for breakfast. Originally I had said 8:00 but changed it to 8:30 as I thought I might be rushed. Ha! Should have left it. Have the car loaded except for the cooler, my overnight bag and oh yeah! This computer. I'd definitely have to come back for that.

On one of dd's trips to her car this morning, their neighbor was just pulling out to go to work. That worked out well as dd told her we were leaving and she'd be gone for 10 weeks. Dneighbor asked if it might be okay to park one of their trucks over here and move it occasionaly. Perfect. She's also going to check the mail box for the ones that happen to slip through. Told her there might be a white car here in back once in a while as there's a woman using the art studio in the shop. Although she hasn't been here in several weeks. Plus her lawn guy will be coming for that and to check the house.

I just closed the blinds on the office window -I feel very closed in.

Going to close up shop on the computer and get it packed and loaded. I will try to check in later today -when I get to our hotel- on my iPad. Wish me dry woods and decent traffic. Even dd is going to backtrack a little and head west on 50 and go up 301 to avoid I-4 and Jacksonville. She's taken dBailey with her.

Later everybody. Have a stupendous day!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 25, 2018 8:14 am

Aw, Kasalia, good for you on posting! We're happy for you to join us in PWYC, just start us out for a new day or tag onto the whatever day you want!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi Kaz.
When I was first here I found it impossible to post daily tadas in 'the wrong day's thread', so commiserations on being a day early.
I started in posting a lot of tadas in of the ORGANIZATIONAL TOOLS AND SKILLS section (I made a thread there), so I didn't have to worry so much about where the day was at.

To the people in the American countries, for me, it was a big thing just getting to the day it was, and it just seemed wrong to post in 'yesterday' as if that was the day it was here too.
Now I try not to think about it. It probably still has a lot to do with my not posting very often, that, and thinking I have not much to report.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Sat May 26, 2018 12:05 am

This thread might keep me on track. I am used to the differences in time, visited the US and Canada many times, certainly didn't expect the youngest with her English husband to live there, and they just got their greencards too. I find it hard. :(
Lynlee feel free to be ontime lol.

Sat. has turned out to be Friday in the long run. Did 4 loads and hung it all out. Normally I just take the sheets off the line to remake the bed, but it has turned cloudy with a chance of rain, so I was forced to get more from the] very fulll walk in linen press, although leaning from the doorway and reaching is all I could manage.

Then I went mad and vacuumed the whole house, and washed the floor. Just moved all those pesky to sort boxes out of the way, or dumped upwards on something. Then the phone rang and in my haste tripped over boxes and fell flat on my face, with phone in hand, rolled over and answered it. "This is Mr x I forgot the password to my computer your husband just picked up, so how are you today."
"I just fell over and lying on the floor thinking about broken bones." .... SILENCE..... poor guy... he finally asked " are you all right" and I was but I lay there in shock after I hung up, trying to remember said password so I could write it down.
My knees hurt in case your wondering, must have landed on them on a other box, and my wrist is sore. Luckily nothing broke, my bones border on the thin density line, hip being the thinnest.

Anyway after a sturdying coffee, sorted out the toilets, does any one do swish and wipe these days, made the bed, found different towels, and a new mat. Then I really must have knocked my head because I put the crock pot on with some pea and ham soup, and now waiting for a whole of orange cake to bake, so I can take it tomorrow for morning tea at the community garden.

Feeling very clever because now I can find the appropriate cleaning cards and write the date.

IT HAS BEGUN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 26, 2018 12:16 am

Wow, Kasalia! Hope you’re feeling okay after that fall!

You’ve kinda inspired me to get up and wash those dishes... but I don’t know.
I’m usually not THIS bad — but you’ll see from my posts in PWYC, I’m not the best example to follow, either.

I’m in CST so it’s after 11:00 pm here, Friday night.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am

Wow Kaz. I hope you have no lasting injuries from your fall.
You are doing a lot today. Great going. Cheering you on. You have done so much today.
Stay safe.

Today for me
caught up with dishes
taichi
3 loads of washing
Sometimes clouds here too, and storm yesterday had me bringing things inside - smalls stay under cover on veranda.
Some is put away. some moved out of possible rain. some is hanging on door frames or 'finishing up' the drying process on spare bed. If I don't get the rest in today it is no drama.

I still need to feed myself lunch so will attempt that next. Maybe bed with a book is next. I short changed my in bed, lights out time last night.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Sat May 26, 2018 1:16 am

Wow Lucylee you are up late

Lynlee I used to do Tai Chi , loved it miss it also. Still remember half a routine though.

Calling it quits this afternoon, gold star for me. lol

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat May 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Good Morning Kaz,
Good afternoon/evening to people still having yesterday.
Sunday
Tmeds taken
dishes washed.
breakfast cooking.

Church today. Perhaps to walk there and back.
Last week I took a long trek back along the creek that runs through the town. I'm not planning that for today.

I'm hoping to finish up to away status the washing from yesterday.

Filling the green bin would be a good thing to do. Heaven knows there is still enough vine there to fill it many times over, then there is a zillion other places to target with offerings for it..
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Sun May 27, 2018 8:39 am

I had an enormously busy Sunday, Community Garden, then computer stuff for it, a blog, catching up housework, seems to be running all day. Rained tonight which was nice by the fire doing my embroidery homework. USA is just waking up and off to work. Night all.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”