Tomorrow in Aust.

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Kasalia

Re: Tomorrow in Aust.

Postby Kasalia » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Well it is Monday morning and Wow what a birthday week I have had with our eldest DD home. Our eldest DS is the only local, luckily he has 5 of his own, 3 are in Sydney 8 hrs. away and our youngest DD in Irvine Ca, we miss her the most. The only thing is fitting as much in with little time, then nothing till we meet again. I always thought as a mother of 5 I would "pop" in for a cuppa at random moments. Thank you everyone for my birthday wishes, much appreciated.

Oh well, time to get on with a normal week. Have 5 stitches to be removed today from a biopsy of a possible malenoma, and results. Having picked up my new fabulous car, will drive in to the surgery with some trepidation, it is a little bigger so nervous of negotioning carparks.

Have some seeds to plant and community garden work to plan a planting scheme for the coming Spring. Lots of house cleaning as gave the family a dinner party, 12 in all for DDs last night, but hid everything in various areas definitely a CHAOS moment to sort out. Where does the time go, really I am so much more organized than doing that.
If I get bored with the housework always the garden still doing autum/winter pruneing and weeding etc. Finding wood for the fire. Night air arrives about 4.30pm so usually ready to light it by then. Mornings are a bit chilly now, around the 35F mark. Hope everyone is staying cool during the heat. Have a great day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi Kaz. Its great you had special family time during your birthday week. Its good to read of all you do.
Sending wishes for a tremendous year your way.

tai chi for arthritus was this morning. 2nd time back to that class. Walked there, broke my records with time and distance as I was running late.
Then groceries. Bus and walk home with shopping trolley. Shopping is away.
I still need to have lunch, and getting the washing going would be good.
Washing up /Dishes, again I need to play catchup.

Bin day so need to gather some things for that too.
Also to make a start with the green bin, it would be helpful.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:52 am

hi to you both!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:42 pm

good morning!!! cheering you on!!

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi all,its Tues afternoon and I have just come back from the community garden. We had some vanderlism done on the bushhouse cutting huge tears into the shade cloth and tipping all the plants everywhere last Sat. Such a disappontment after all the hard work getting it together. We mended it today and put all the plant back and water it all. Police came Sunday but really couldnt do anything.

We did start a pumpkin patch ready for Spring, In fact some have started to appear in their pots. Planted heaps of seeds for flowers as well. My own garden is jogging along also about 160msq. Feet in raised beds. We rarely buy vegetables and I preserve it all as well. A real homestead in suburbia.

Will relax this afternoon feeling quite tired as well now after all our hard work. My Have new car is going well and getting used to it slowly. Have fun tomorrow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:07 am

I am sorry someone vandalized the garden!!!I hope you have lovely afternoon after all that hard work!

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:47 am

Well it is late night Sat. And I spent all day planting seeds or pricking out newly hatched seedlings, the 2nd. Day this week.
Sunday will take the new ones to the community garden to sit in our now repaired bush house. DH went to bed an hour ago, but I cant seem to make the effort.
Housework is sadly negleted, so dragged my ironing board in front of the tv and finished of a basketful, while I watched a movie.

Tomorrow I better put it away and find time to straighten the bedroom out. Made a cake to take tomorrow for morning tea, as it is our morning in charge, at the community garden so to speak. DH is there every morning we are open, while I stay home and be the domestic godess, garden guru, and general DIY expert of all things, We sat for 4 hours Friday at the local market, for sales of $16. As much as I want to help the community garden, it is now starting to get to me, we do way too much work on a daily basis.

I need a holiday, I think .........night all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:48 am

hello!

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Wed. morning here while you all sleep. Been a while but .......
An angel knocked on my door last Monday, well I was actually near the letterbox when they walked past. A young couple and son drumming up business with flyers for their just bought business on garden, cleaning rubbish type work. Local who have just moved back and bought the mums house, in the next street.

Hired him on the spot. Turned up Tues.afternoon after another job and did a couple of hours on a very difficult weeding, on a bank, cleared a path, cleaned it all up, in 2 hrs. amazing. We are talking waist high stuff.

I have been trying all year to get help, and they didnt turn up!!!!

He is even going to sort the pond out for me, something I can't  do.It was our swimming pool I converted and the plants are so tall now and overcrowded.

My gardner, love the sound of that, is even going to make a path and steps, up the bank to the top which is my back vege garden, so I dont have to walk all the way around. DH didn't  even flinch at me hiring, he is a " I will do it when I get time sort of male".

Not taking any more of that crap since he found 20hrs. week for the community garden.

Lawrence my garden angel, and Sophie his partner love my vege garden and want to be able to do it also. So have already sent him off with a youtube guide, the best ever, for setting up his and they can learn all they want from me.I also have a couple of books by the same you tuber who died at least 15 years ago.

Lawrence will be popping in again for another couple of hrs. today, in fact most days after his big landscape job in town. I am in no hurry and rather he did that, with big jobs.
DH taught him in year 7 but Lawrence didnt know our children as between the 4th and 5th.

The relief of all this is amazing.Ordered a new Happy Planner a week ago and waiting with anticipation, this has really set me going now, not having the weight of that last piece of the puzzle being dealt with. Oh to be young again and have that energy.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:33 pm

well done you Kasalia, and your new found garden angels.
Taking action is great.

I'm a little jealous.
I guess I could ring that # I kept - the yard worker with experience - flyer in my own letter box.
Keep talking on this Kaz, maybe I'll get momentum to attack the would/wood be forest way down the back, as well as having someone who wants to mow doing that. Its taunting me as I type this.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”