Tomorrow in Aust.

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Lynlee

Re: Tomorrow in Aust.

Postby Lynlee » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:12 am

Yesterday
Lots of noise from neighbour's man size shed construction. I'd hoped they would be done, but no, that was just the frame up that happened.

Visitor came, lots of talk, We went beyond the house to find the sun, and the house blocked some of the sound volume at least.
Dishes done.
Got out another woollen blanket. Yes to the difference that made.

Saturday - glorious sunny winter day after a chilly night / morning.
bfst
washing to line
wait for lift to tai chi
tai chi. 1st continuing
shoulder dear shoulder. Find an easier way to move with some of the exercises.
hips complained of the pause button as our form was checked
Waited with coffee shop tai chi people the 45 min for bus. My lift left 1hr early for another family engagement.
Washing in and away, even the items gracing my dresser top.

I need a late lunch and snooze.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:48 pm

I am so happy you two are working together in the daytime :D :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:47 am

Have been really really busy, this past week, will,chat tomorrow.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:17 am

See you tomorrow Kaz.

yoga, and attempted to take care of some financial business.
Think current royal commission.

difficulty getting to see 'advisor', to make an appointment.
as if.
Couldn't I just talk to receptionist for $ amounts.

There wouldn't be any need to review, would there?
Found a better bank a/c for some $ savings though.
If I ever want a car, a fence, to relocate, house maintinence
some money will be essential.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:08 pm

The community garden has taken up so much time. Rotary donated money for a bush tucker native garden, so I designed two boomerang shapes with a round bit in the middle which we will now turn into a turtle. Prior to them planting the trees, as every Rotarian had to plant a tree before the end of June,we dug it all out from mowed grass, filled it with 5 cubic metres of compost to raise the bed, which is a small truck load. Then last Sat we had the Rotary morning, with morning tea as well, so made cake and a slice.
Sunday I went to scrapbooking day but had to duck back to the garden for a meeting being Secretary as well as co-ordinator.

This week I am not going to the garden which is open today Tues. Thurs. and Sunday every morning. DH is president, treasurer so will let him cope with it all. I have so much to do here, as well an appnt.at hospital for an infusion for RA and a hair appnt. Friday

Doing lots in our front garden today, we raised all the beds for our old age, and our verandah looks like a building site, plus I had plants everywhere formthe Communityngarden so sorting it all out and sending bits and pieces over to it. Neighbours must think we live in a dunp.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:11 am

hi you two! you two have been so so busy!!! sweet dreams for now - I will try to write tonight to see how your day is!

cheering you on RAH RAH RAH!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Our church was supposed to be starting a community garden. I don’t know what ever cams of that. Not that I would be gardening. Of all tasks I could do, I think gardening would be my least favorite. I am just not a very outdoorsy person. My parents and grandparents all had gardens. I always tell people my favorite thing about getting a little brother is that he was born in March and that summer I didn’t have to help in the garden — I got to stay inside and watch the baby! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:29 pm

happy day to u

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:51 am

It rained all last night and,partially today, but was sunny and dry by 2pm. At the community garden , I met the mayor for a quick tour in response to a grant, DH applied for to build a pavilion, with water tanks, and an L shape bench to use as a kitchen. I figure a visit was a good sign, better than a letter saying no.

Read up on the GTD system, to help get rid of a few projects, like 100, and like all good planner girls, printed off some stuff, and made new tabs and folders. Brain dumped 2 pages of writing to sort out.

Nothing done on the Grand Cleaning Plan - spare bedrooms, although I know I have to make the beds from when the grandchildren were here in April.With my brother here in July better hurry up.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:56 am

Kasalia, I like the GTD approach too. I kind of use a mix of a lot of things, not always successfully.

You are staying so busy with that garden and it sounds lovely!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”