Hello from the UK

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
kittykatt

Hello from the UK

Postby kittykatt » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:07 am

Hello, everyone! I'm a long time lurker, who has finally plucked up the courage to put fingers to keyboard and introduce myself. I live in the SW of the UK, and DH and I have recently celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary. No kids, but three cats: Freddie (nearly 5)- a black and white terror who came to live with us as a kitten as his previous owners found him too much, Lupin (nearly 11) a timid but very sweet natured tabby, who has only lived with us for eighteen months. We adopted her when her previous owners moved away. Lastly Trifle, (around 6) a pretty tabby / tortie who we adopted nearly 4 years ago from a shelter in Cyprus. Trifle has BIG issues of anxiety and trust, but likes to snuggle in bed with me at night. (Trifle is my avatar)
DH works in IT, currently for the NHS, and for the last 10 years I've had my own cleaning business. Before that I worked in an office. But, as DH's job has become more and more demanding, I've scaled back my cleaning, so now I only have a couple of clients left, and the rest of the time I'm following my dream and being a home maker. In theory, this gives me more time to be organised at home! My house is in reasonably good order, and I've got good cleaning routines in place, but my filing is a disaster, there are some cupboards that really need a hard hat and a health warning before you open the door, and I seem to waste a lot of time, and tasks take longer than they really should. So, my aim is to learn and be inspired from the other ladies here, so I can be more efficient, and have more time for my garden and my allotment, as well as volunteering at my church.

Twins' Mom

Re: Hello from the UK

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi kittykatt! Great to see you posting with us!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:38 pm

kittykatt - Welcome!! I am so very glad you decided to join us. I love hearing about other SHE's lives and how things are done. Your 3 furkids prove what a great heart you have! I'm looking forward to getting to know each other. Please don't be shy.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi, Twins' Mom and Lady Maverick! Thank you both for the warm welcome.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi kittykatt. Nice to meet you here.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Welcome, kittykat! So happy you have joined us.
Trifle is just beautiful.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:36 am

Hello and welcome from me as well, also a newbie.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:53 am

Welcome, kittykatt! We're happy to have you join us! I would love to see the UK... but since I'm scared to fly OR take a boat, I can't imagine myself ever doing that. :oops: :cry: I have a cousin my age (56) who is taking her dream trip next month. She is going to Ireland. It has been her lifetime dream, and she is soooo excited. Her husband surprised her with the money for the trip and she is going with a friend.

Anyway -- come over to PWYC -- that's probably one of our most active boards. Lots of people post what they've done each day and we all encourage each other. I'm mostly posting what I haven't done... :roll: but I sure do learn a lot from these ladies!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:02 am

Yes do come out of "Lurkdom"! Join us anytime & especially as LucyL says -over in PWYC. I was curious when you joined & looked to see. Over 3 years ago -definitely chime in.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 am

Welcome nice to met you!

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”