What are you reading?

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
Harriet

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:38 pm

At library again, picked up Premonition by Lewis and the John Boehner book, plus The Vegan Board, about setting out attractive one-board meals for buffet style.

These were all 2021s from the new-acquisition shelves. I really appreciate having the ability to go straight to a "what's new here" section, just in case I see something I've been hearing about. Do your libraries do this? With the grands needing help sometimes, this gives me a higher probability of enough time to find something interesting for me, too, even if we are sidetracked.

I am not the plan-in-advance type, as dd41 is. She goes straight to the "held for you" shelves and streamlines her visit that way.

But she was grateful I found her a brand new work-related choice that she didn't even know would be out, and she was the first in her workplace to read it.

Having finished The FBI Way, I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for high ideals and inspirational attitude. But do realize a few stories are crime tragedies, of course, and graphic. Most is uplifting anyway.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:54 am

Harriet, I loved that about the old library on the mountain. It was like a smorgasbord of interesting books that I could sample at no cost. I tried a lot of interesting "out of my genre" books that way.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:25 pm

Bible study type books.
Called to be friends by Paula Ripple
This one my dd gave me. A divorce recovery book. I am enjoying have 2 ch. Left to read.

The Life Recovery Journal becoming a new You one step at a time By Stephen Arterburn & David Stoop.
Good and challenging q's to answer on this one goes with 12 step programs.
I am a sponser and decided it was time for a review.

The Life Recovery Workbook for grief.
Bible - centered approach for taking Your life back.
By Stephen Arternurn & David Stoop.

The Llistening Path by Julia Cameron.
She is the author of The Wrtist's Way.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”