Winter is almost over Anti Procrastination Challenge!

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
CathyS

Winter is almost over Anti Procrastination Challenge!

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:15 am

Where I live, most people have been inside for the past 3 months at least. Gardens were harvested here in October and will be replanted in May. In between those months, we tend to hibernate inside our warm homes.

March brings the promise of melted snow and more daylight. March also brings Daylight Savings Time and SPRING!!

What do you want or need to get done before you escape being stuck inside?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Winter is almost over Anti Procrastination Challenge!

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:23 am

Today our temperature is a delightful 0 degrees Celcius. Hints of warmer weather to come. The sun is shining and the outside is calling.

Before I actually get outside, there are some projects that I want to finish inside.

I have been "playing" in my thread collection. Getting rid of floss boxes and putting the thread into floss-away bags, with the bags then being put on to o rings. I've run out of the bags for now, with a local yarn shop (that also carries DMC floss) promising to try to order some bags for me. A river had them for $10 more than what I paid the last time I bought them. (Less than 7 years ago.) I would absolutely love to have this project finished before May 1st.

I also want to go through all the storage areas in the bathroom (6 drawers that rarely get any attention) and discard the expired stuff and go buy what has expired that we might need in the next year. I've noticed that neither one of us has had any need for any cold/cough/flu meds for over 2 years.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Re: Winter is almost over Anti Procrastination Challenge!

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:54 pm

Cathy - I'm excited for you and those who have long winters to be coming to the end of it. I hope you get an early warm spell.

I've been to the garden today but there are still patches of ice so I must be constantly on guard with every step I take. I keep checking the asparagus bed hoping to see the tip of the first stalk growing. Nothing yet.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”