Office/desk challenge

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
CathyS

Office/desk challenge

Postby CathyS » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:25 am

My desk has gotten away from me! I need to do some filing and clear the top of my desk off. There are at least 3 different avalanches of different sizes that need to be brought under control before they get any worse. There are also crumbs from a package of cookies that got knocked over a couple of days ago that I MUST get cleaned up before I invite the ants in earlier than usual.

Who's with me?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Office/desk challenge

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:05 pm

I'll join you, Cathy, but probably not for at least another 2/3 days (too many appointments for dh tomorrow/Friday). My desk has been giving me frowns for some time. Filing is pretty well done, but the top of my computer desk and the shelves underneath need some TLC.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:14 pm

I will be joining you tomorrow.
Had to change up my desk day b bc of the holiday did errands today.
But for sure I'm on it Thurs.
Did a tiny bit today.
Yesterday decluttered some paper stuff on it and declawed a bit that came in the mail before it got to be a pile I sorted it.

Thurs. did some.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:02 pm

In the subject of 'desk challenge' guess I should post my progress there. On Sunday when dneighbor came over we completely unloaded everything on the desk. I had 3 sets of brown plastic drawers to the left side of it. I had previously cleaned and organized all of those. Then we just made it with all 3 sitting side by side on the bottom shelf of the desk. I cleaned the desk really well (there's so much dirt and dust flying around here that it's impossible to keep things clean for very long. We moved the desk to the center of the living area and have our recliners on either side. In all that move we transferred our table & chairs to the little alcove on the opposite side. I really like the layout much better. I think that RV companies should have women giving them suggestions on layouts and what is needed in an RV. This one has tons of storage cabinet -BUT a good share of them are so high I never could reach them. For instance there's also lights over our bed, but they're so high up you'd have to get out of bed and stand to hopefully be able to reach them. Oh yeah, they need women designing.

My 'desk project' right now is to get our multitude of lists done of all our "end-of-year" 'have-to's'. Been working a good share of today on that project and my eyes are pretty bleary.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:31 am

Spent a little time this morning just "re"straightening my desk. I've had plenty of desk work over the past few days and I suspect I will continue to have quite a bit over the next 12 days. At least this thread is helping me stay up-to-date with things here in this chair.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:21 pm

My desk needs attn.

Nov. 19 finally got to it, and the one in the spare room yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:07 pm

How'd your desk, Cathy?

I have to keep after mine every couple days or it gets ahead of me. I use it to do my study so I try to keep the surface clear. Then there's the bills and the banking stuff. I bring what I need back to the regular office to use the computer and do spreadsheets. I didn't want my desk back here in this office because DH gets on the phone here, uses the computer, and generally all that noise is annoying. So when we were planning the house layout, we left a space to just fit my desk at the end of the living room next to a closet there. It's a good place to work, with a nice light overhead on the hutch above it. I have 2 file drawers and 4 more smaller drawers. I used to use it a lot more when DH had the business active. I spent many hours rooted there.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”