Summer Reading

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
blessedw2

Re: Summer Reading

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:10 pm

yes I agree.. the magicians nephew does give the basis to the rest of the books which helps kids understand the happenings in later books.

nancy I hadn't seen the nancy drew books until later but dkids liked them a lot. (me too)

my kids liked the american girl books when young (original series) as we used to do things in the realm that we were reading.
(ie: kirsten series ... we also read the little house on prairie books at same time). my mom made now dd20 a prairie dress and the neighbor girls would reinact being pioneers.. I had a cheap butter churn and the girls would take pancake batter and make goop... wash cloths... prentend they were farmers, etc.... as in the book. we would go to 1800 farm museums. sew, garden learn out door skills etc.
loved that time.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:13 pm

lucy.. tell me how the shell seekers is. i have been wanting to read that.
I read kiss the girls by james patterson and it is not my thing at all. I know my friend said Iwould love it but found it really disturbing. not something I would want dd13 to find and read.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:55 pm

blessed -- I liked The Shell Seekers very much, but I just couldn't get into the sequel.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”