A quick hello

A place for newcomer introductions, for our questions, polls and general discussion.
renmar

A quick hello

Postby renmar » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:50 am

I am glad that we have a new board, because I have lost track of the old one. I have had a lot going on in my life in the last year, so i kinda let some things slip to the side, my housekeeping is one of them. I will be the first to tell you, that I am not a good housekeeper! My mother, however, is. I did not inherit those genes!! lol! I have a new granddaughter, born in May in Tucson (her name is Roxane Beatrice, but my son calls her Roxie Bee!) And as of August 21, I will be attending college! So, I really need some help getting things in order, so I don't let my house fall totally apart! Thanks for the email, Indiana!! :D

Indiana

Re: A quick hello

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:00 am

renmar you are welcome. It is good to see you.

I am looking forward to your posts.

I see you changed your screen name from mamabear to renmar.

jillybean

Postby jillybean » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:04 am

Hello Renmar, Indiana and other friends to come! Congrats on your new grandchild and going to college. I'm jillybean and I inherited disorganization from my mother, who had a very organized mother. So go figure! I fell in love with Pam & Peggy back in the early 80s. I haven't used my cards in years, but I still have them. No longer necessary to do the "brush girls' hair" card, as they are all grown and 2 are expecting now! So grandmotherhood is in my near future, and I'm very excited about that. Happily married for over 30 years. I registered at the old board, but didn't post. The notice in my e-mail about the lovely new board brought me back. I look forward to getting to know new friends in my never-ending goal to get and stay organized. :D

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:59 am

Welcome Renmar and Jillybean.

It is never too late to get organized - MamaP and I are examples of that. I think we are the oldest on the boards. I have moved from a 5 bedroom house to a 35 ft. 5th wheel that moves all over the country. But I still have problems with clutter.

We are glad you have joined us. The Post When You Can thread is probably the most active and that is where you find most of us during the day.

Enjoy
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:08 am

Oh, I am tickled with these "hellos"!

jillybean, I came in here because of your post in PWYC - I was thinking "where have I seen that name/handle" and then saw you'd posted here. Now you remind me - I remember that you were sometimes online at the old boards and glancing at the fun handle would make me smile. I come from a multi-generational line of disorganized folks!

renmar, it is great Indiana "helped" me here to catch on - hey, mamabear! Goodness, that's a pretty little girl's name, not to mention the "called by" your son uses. I hear of a lot of little girls who are called by "double names" lately. So pretty. My dh has been slowly going back to college recently (he can only do one or two classes at a time) and even though it is hard he is pleased.

Grandmotherhood - I have a 27-mo old grandson DangerBoy and a barely-3-mo old grandson littleone, whom I may need to rename, as he is almost 19 pounds. I am also "Grandma" to a step-grandaughter who has 6 grandmothers and great-grandmothers ahead of me and very important in her life, but still asked if she can call me "grandma" and gives me hugs when we do get to see each other! So I'm blessed. (Well, I'm sure tired when DangerBoy visits, but I'm blessed!)
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

renmar

Postby renmar » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:50 pm

Indiana wrote:renmar you are welcome. It is good to see you.

I am looking forward to your posts.

I see you changed your screen name from mamabear to renmar.

I have used both on these boards, and couldn't remember which one I used last. Since my cubbies have grown up (one has yet to fly the coup, and stay gone, though :o ) so I thought I would just go with renmar, which is a variation of my irl name. I'll still answer to mamabear, though. I'll always have an attachment to that name.
Harriet, I am also only taking two classes, but since it is covered by Financial aid, I may be able to cut my working hours back. I am majoring in Web Design and Development. Since I park my fanny in front of a computer when I am off anyway, I might as well get paid for it! ;)
Another reason I need help now, is that I have a part time Avon business, and I can make quite a mess getting my orders together! I don't make a lot of money at it, but my skin is smooth, and I smell good! lol!

jillybean

Postby jillybean » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Thank you for the nice hello Harriet. I don't think I posted much on the other board. I am SO looking forward to being grandma!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi jillybean it is so good to see you posting and I love your avatar.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:24 am

Popping in to say hello & welcome to Renmar & Jillybean. It's always nice to see new faces & returning faces. See you on the boards :)

Return to “Across the Cafe Table”