Thursday thriving

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Thursday thriving

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:32 pm

happy ironing.

:|

I went out and made a deposit, got gasoline, and picked up some groceries from WF.

We get A T T "Giga Power" at end of month. Ds called them and discovered they were finally taking appts, got an appt for 30th, and called me fast, asking for HRH. He was absolutely dead-pan on the phone, which I should have realized could mean something exciting, since he tends to ... c-a-l-m ... d-o-w-n ... at those times. HRH got an appt for 8:00 a.m. the 31st. HRH has been waiting a long time for faster internet. His friends in big city consider it ordinary by now. He's funny - he dropped everything he was doing, some of it literally. He says, "I guess I got a little excited."

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Laughing at the ironing comment. Ironing is on my todo list for today as well!

On the treadmill now. Not going fast but my ankle is slowly letting go of the pain.

MF wrote me with an announcement for Sunday so I started the physical document I'll use. Getting the service and sermon finished tonight is also on my todo list.

Not everything on that list is going to get done! I'm too tired to stay up that late!!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Thursday
I had day confusion, as in , what day is for what, and what day it was. What I thought was not.
After waiting half the day for something which was due today, not yesterday Thursday, I finally went to bed.
My less than 3 hours sleep the prev night plus short changing myself on other nights bed rest had caught up with me.
Woke enough by 6pm to get up and got dinner.
Worked out what day it was and remembered Lenten studies. @7pm. got there.

Friday.

tmeds
prayers and rdgs
yoga 42min
bed made
bfst

almost time helper may be here.

things to remember later
water bill
library books
go to panel beater for a quote to see if its an ins job or not. My 19yo car may have a low value, so crossing my fingers. I think I can't think of that today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 pm

LadyM, I used to sometimes pull the car over and start reading if the activity in the back seats warranted. My kids hated it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Not sure I am thriving, that seems a level above where I am these days. But I am keeping on.

My big accomplishment today was that I darned holes in a huge pile of work socks. I asked DH what was going on that so many of his socks went holey so quickly. He says he was wearing a pair of shoes that had a hole in the toe. I don't know what that had to do with it but apparently it did. There are a few more to go. I will keep an eye on these socks and see how long the darns last. If it isn't long, I won't do it any more.

I've kept up with the desk chores and made dinner and did dishes, folded laundry.

And it's been a long time since I've ironed anything. I used to really enjoy doing that and my clothes looked crisp and nice all the time. Even everyday tees. There are a couple of DH's shirts I have to iron, but that's about it these days. I put my clothes (except underwear, socks, pj's) in the dryer for about 2 minutes and then hang them. The wrinkles all seem to fall out that way.

Guess it's a good thing I don't have little kids any more. I don't think I could keep up, especially with consistent discipline!

Hope everybody has a good night's sleep.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:LadyM, I used to sometimes pull the car over and start reading if the activity in the back seats warranted. My kids hated it.

OOOOh, I like that one. I'd pull over but it never occurred to me to do something other than just sit there. I could have been even more intimidating by not paying attention to them. I'd try to ignore them but sometimes I couldn't manage it.

Service is finished. Still have the sermon to finish (it is about 90% done) but I'm not sure my heads there tonight. I might wait until the morning. Water is consumed, the fact that I have to take a bathroom break now confirms that! Step count will be fine if I remember to pace while brushing teeth.

I've been working on email as well. I'm now back waiting for a reply from someone before I can send out an email.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:58 pm

good night
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”