MONDAY MAGIC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: MONDAY MAGIC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 pm

I'm having a teary email exchange with another church member. We both realize the decision to go to 3/4 time is the death of our church. It will be very hard. I hate to see it whither away and would have preferred euthanasia and proper funeral with the church family all sitting around figuring out what we are going to do once our Father's house is shut down and we have to leave that part of our lives behind. In our case, because we are such a strong church family, I hate that we'll spread apart. But I'm the kid that's already left home and only come back for special occasions.

I watched tv and read after dinner. I'm having a cup of decaf tea now and then will clean up the kitchen and head to bed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 pm

Ok, going to bed later than planned. Just got a phone call from our web hosting service in response to a ticket dh just put in. I have no idea which SIM he has in his phone right now so had to look up the three numbers in order to have her call him directly.

Now I'm awake again (had slipped out of thinking mode.)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:17 am

CI on phone but wanted to say WTG to LadyM on that hike!!!
And (((BIG HUGS))) to Kathryn re: church. That is so sad.

DH's doctor's visit was fine. Doctor seemed pleased, said dh still has some fluid to lose, but is definitely on the right track. He wanted him to keep his appt at the clinic next Monday, but he doesn't want to see him until June, when he will do another echocardiogram and THEN... then dh will know if doctor wants him to have z defibrillator. Sooo hoping that is NOT necessary.

Doctor also mentioned wanting dh to try a drug that is in clinical trials right now. He wouldn't be eligible for that until June, either, but that IS a little scary to me, after ddad's experience in Houston... but we certainly have time to think about that.

All in all, reassuring visit.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 am

Hi everyone! Just a quick post before I go to bed. I have CUOPed. I really miss payroll access to this site. Countdown to foot surgery has started. I have been getting things ready, Today was grocery store, cat litter purchase, library return, and a really good clean up in the master bathroom. It sparkles! I still need to get the MBR in shape, remove trip hazards in the hallway, and cook up some meals. LOL is drying, cat care and me care done. Dailies except for loading the car are done (will do that after logging off here).

Tomorrow's must dos are: donor letter (WTF), two DPCs, and numerous snail mails.

LOL just finished drying. Gotta go. Good night!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 am

We miss you, too, Elizabeth!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”