IT'S MAY MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: IT'S MAY MONDAY

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Hello again! I have gotten my packages and letters ready for the post office tomorrow. I also backed up my computer and entered one transaction in Quicken. I have not looked at Quicken since Wed, but have not left the house except this morning, so not very much activity. I worked a puzzle and did not get any crochet done. Have all cat care and dailies to do. Debating a pain pill. I don't need it _yet_, but did wake up at 3 am last night for one.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 01, 2017 10:24 pm

Still have to clean up dinner. Am wondering if I can wait until tomorrow morning on that. Probably not.

We had a late dinner (all the fussing over flights.) We can't book until we get confirmation on the dates from the rest of the committee. That happens on Wednesday. It is ski season there (actually, it is summer holidays and they come to Vancouver to ski) so the flights are crazy in that one day it will be 30% next than the next day. If we leave on January 1, we save $3000 (flying business class.) We decided to pay the extra and make it a nice trip. We're staying on our friend's property but because it is now an AirBnB, we had to book through them and he'll rebate us some of the cost. That's all well and good but we ran into the problems booking with AirBnB. Apparently they started the new requirements in 2014. I last used them in Feb of that year but booked in late 2013 so that's why I didn't trip the verification process before then. I was unaware of the problem until today. I'm sorry I recommended it to so many people.

After dinner we walked in the pouring rain for milk and since then I've been reading on the internet (and deleting my AirBnB account.)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 01, 2017 10:41 pm

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and for all the positive comments about my video presentation on my sons wedding.

I have joined the wounded warrior group along with Elizabeth. Today I had to have a cancerous spot on my left forearm removed and I now I'm sporting a 7 inch incision. I didn't watch when they first cut it open but because my arm was on my chest as they worked on it I was able to watch is a sewed it back up. That was interesting

Now I have to wear a sling for the next two weeks oh joy. I figured out how to use an ace bandage to loop around my chest and my arm because I hate slinga that wraparound your neck and pull on it. Anyway it's going to be an interesting two weeks.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”