Saturday sails or sales

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday sails or sales

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 06, 2017 8:54 pm

It is counter-intuitive to think that a harness offers more freedom but in order to avoid 'treating my child like a dog' parents tend to strap them tightly into strollers or a backpack and give them no option to stretch their legs or explore. It is a fine balance between keeping a child safe and letting them thrive.

I think this flows from my attachment parenting style. Hold them close until they pull away but when they pull away, don't keep holding them close, let them take a few steps away and then come running back when they've gone far enough that they aren't comfortable. And then listen to all the wonders they've discovered so that they believe the world out there is worth exploring. My dmil used to think that my kids would never 'detach' from me and do things on their own. They did, when they were ready, and once they were ready there was no holding them back. I got excited to go to NYC because of the stories dd told me about NYC. I'm just sorry dmil didn't get to see how far ds and dd ended up going on their own.

We got to the pub for the third period. We had left home when it was tied, then our team was loosing, then tied, then overtime, then lost but the goal was not allowed so our team ended up winning a few minutes later. These games are not great for the digestion but they are fun to watch!

We now lead the series 3 - 2 and have 2 more opportunities to advance to the next round (not even the finals, there's still another round.)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 06, 2017 9:28 pm

We watched the game, still rooting for Senators, Kathryn. Should have heard us when that goal was disallowed. :D I know, hockey goes on forever I think.

Just talked to dh. But my phone was dying. Now I'm off to bed. Night all.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Off to bed now. Hope tomorrow is productive on the bookkeeping front.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 06, 2017 11:41 pm

We are home from our whirlwind trip to visit DSon & family. We were busy non-stop the whole time we were there (we did stop and sleep for 5.5 hours = midnight to 5:30 am). Thinking of what we did while there - lots of cuddling, hand holding, listened to DGS10 and DGD6 talk almost non-stop, watched DGD10 do tricks on his bike, watched DGD6 show us her hula-hoop moves, DH & DGS10 threw football and baseballs until DH arm gave out, made jewelry out of rubber bands, went out to eat supper, went to Cabelas, played Sorry board game, played Chinese Checkers, played Star Wars game on XBox together, DGD6 read a book to me, meet the 6 friends they play with the most in their neighborhood, watched them ride scooters, dirt bikes, battery operated jeep, watched them do gymnastics routines, DGD6 and I painted our fingernails and toenails, sang songs and danced together (using an Echo to provide the music). went to Film Festival (lots of fun!!!), went to a huge Comic Book Day celebration at the library, went to First Friday celebration in town square (unreal how many vendors set up to give away free samples and services), and looked at a home they are considering buying. While DSon was cooking breakfast this morning, I took the 3 kids for a walk which took an unexpected turn when we discovered a garage sale. It was fun to watch them "shop" and select items. My only restriction was they had to be able to carry their items since we still had to walk a mile to get back home.

The whirl wind trip was exhausting but OH SO FUN! I treasure every minute of it.....but I'm glad to be back in my world.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”