ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

Postby Lilac » Thu May 11, 2017 12:47 am

I've been staying cuop but not posting. This Saturday is dgs23s college graduation. We are going up Friday because they say if you aren't there by 8 am you won't find a parking place or seats. When I made my reservation, I got the last hotel room in town. However, the 2nd place I called had put me on a waiting list. They called Saturday morning and had 2 cancellations. I told the guy I didn't need a room but my dd did. He said he would leave it in my name for 24 hours and if she didn't call, it would go to someone else. I told him he would hear from her within minutes and he did. They had got a room an hour or so away from the college town, so she was so happy to cancel it. Friday morning dgd6 has a program at her school and after that they are having a school bar-b-q, so dh and I will meet dd2 and her dh there. After that we will head to college town.

Dd1 is having a party for her dd20 and ds23 on Saturday night. She is busy getting stuff ready for that. My db1 is bringing dm out for the party. They will head home Sunday afternoon. I have been busy cleaning. I had a lot of cleaning to do in my 2 guest rooms.

Last week we had 3 different no shows to pick up the limbs. By Saturday our alley had dried up enough to get the trailer out, so dh hauled 3 loads of limbs to the area that the city has set aside for limbs. Dsil had hauled 3 pickup loads and still had more, so dh loaned them the trailer. They hauled 5 loads of limbs. Dh has our yard looking pristine. He has trimmed all the boxwoods plus has mowed twice.

Yesterday he cleaned out the Jeep and washed it. I did help chamois it, but didn't have time to help wash it.

Last week dh started cleaning the sunroom out. Got his work bench back in the garage and all the tools, etc. Today he was cleaning the floor, on his hands and knees. He has 3 doors and frames to give away but once to wait until he gets the last door and frame installed, so he can get rid of 4. We need to dig out about 6 inches from the sunroom and 6 inches deep so that we can seal the area where the cement and brick meets. If we get too much rain, sometimes we get some seepage into the sunroom. We can't get new flooring in there until we take care of that. We are hoping to have the sunroom useable as a room by fall. There is a fireplace in there and we need to get it cleaned. There is already cable out there. There is a heater out there and the window a/c kicked the bucket and we have never replaced it. We might replace it if it can finally be used as a room and not a dumping ground for all the house projects.Tomorrow the bug guy (dgd20s bf) will spray. I am anxious for him to see it clean. It will be a lot easier to spray in there now.

All I know is I have to stay on top of this house. It is too hard to get ready for company when the guest rooms are such a mess.

I washed my hair awhile ago and I'm waiting for it to dry, so I can get to bed. I will color my hair in the morning. I have a drs. appt and errands to run, then need to finish the housework I want done.

blessedw2

Re: ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:56 am

Lilac I am so happy for your dgs! how exciting! You are very very busy! Wishing you so much fun with your d family!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”