Strengthening Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Strengthening Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Twins: a pedicure doesn't sound selfish to me. Mine used to take an hour at the salon and while that seems like a huge chunk of time, they would often last better and longer (and really take less time) than ones I do at home.

BTW: I saw a cute fridge magnet the other day: My definition of multi-tasking is getting a manicure and pedicure at the same time!

I worked a bit on email, we went up to see Unc and then to the networking meeting. This was with someone dh met through the Ottawa project he is on and figures the guy might be a useful contact in the future.

He seemed less mature than our own son which was a bit jarring. He's off to spend the summer taking courses at the London School of Economics. I'm still not sure what I think of these young people who go off and take courses or do multiple degrees but never quite launch into adulthood. This one has lived in Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan and will add London to that list. He works for himself, trying to cobble together a consulting career while managing the debt from the schooling. Lives with his parents at the moment. There's no obvious career path for him in his interests so he keeps adding education, hoping something will open up. He's doing everything 'right' (also volunteering on initiatives, all in international trade or development areas) but he's already jaded about the goals of large international bodies, yet would like a stable job which means working for some governmental or non-governmental agency.

I had a Privateer's Booty ice cream (vanilla with salt caramel and licorice) and then we came back to the hotel.

We will meet up for supper with Unc at 5 so I need to get something done in the meantime.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Not selfish at all -making you a stronger woman for all those little tweaks.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 27, 2017 2:49 pm

I am still going, maybe another 45 minute shift and I can relax!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 27, 2017 3:08 pm

There! I finally completed something that had a deadline of Wednesday. Bank accounts I opened 10 years ago about to be transferred to the dead-accounts at the Bank of Canada. My sister convinced me to open accounts in this company because it was higher interest. The problem is the accounts are not easily accessible and so I forgot about them. They even had our old address still.

Thankfully, I had copies of the statements from 2014 in the "Bills to Pay" folder which I had brought with me. They talked with both dh and I on the phone and agreed to close the accounts and transfer the money back into the original account from which the opening balances came from. I'm glad that's now done. The accounts were so inconsequential I'm not even tracking them in Quicken.

I also paid some bills. Both of which were overdue. Sigh... I hate this time of year, I mess up on so much stuff.

((((Harmony)))) I really understand the stress you must be under all the time. I can't keep up and the stuff I have to do is a fraction of what you have to do. It is a wonder we don't have ulcers from the worry of messing up things.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Back from a nice dinner with Unc. We visited for an hour at the table and then another hour in his room.

As we arrived, the security guard at the main desk said, "Ooooh, Swiss Chalet, I was going to order some for my dinner tonight!" He was there when we arrived at 11 and was working a 16 hour shift today. We had ordered a full chicken dinner (four servings) so we took him down a 1/4 chicken with 3/4 of an order of fries, a roll and sauce after we had eaten. I also had a can of lemonade for him. It is cheaper to buy dinner for 4, than dinner for 3 but now that I'm not eating lunch, the leftovers would go to waste. So we made both me and him happy. No waste and did something kind.

When we got back to the hotel, we went for a walk down to the waterfront since we had driven every we went today.

Now we are in for the night. I must text my cousin to let him know that the $30 missing from Unc's wallet went to us.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Fed the kids one is napping, I have eaten. Hens have been fed eggs gathered. On the last few hrs. Of my shift. Cleaned up spilt water in the kitchen so at least one spot is clean now lol!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Haven't seen a Swiss Chalet in years! Did go there once upon a time.

Heading for bed. Went for a nice walk tonight. Only problem is the gnats and mosquitoes are out and I continually batted at them. But don't think I got bites -I hope.

Talked to dh briefly. He's next door from our RV enjoying a campfire. Said that our new neighbor is bringing me pamphlets on health care for our county. Oh how I (we) hate looking at these changes, but probably necessary. Doubt I can get through another winter without seeing doctors down here. Not with present health issues.

Night all. Sweet dreams (for all of us!)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sat May 27, 2017 10:04 pm

Good evening! I got one more dose of meds down the cat, then went off to cat clinic with none of my cats. On the rare occasions I don't have to get back at clinic by 3:00, I always stay late at the knit/crochet group. However, the coffee house we meet in closed at 3 for the holiday weekend. Bummer. So, home I came with my list of 5 to do today: organize my list to discuss at the Planner Addicts meeting tomorrow (done), car registration (done), backup contacts in phone (done), create system recovery disk (in progress as I type), and Bible study (not started). LOL has washed and now needs to dry. One of my laundry doors fell off! Can't fix it while on crutches, so I added it to my repair list.

Tomorrow will be church, lunch, Planner Addicts meeting, then re-learn how to use my serger. I wll be making dog and cat beds out of two old comforters as my practice items. Sunday Night Sinners has ended for the summer. (This was the place I learned that Methodist beliefs are not necessarily welcome in Methodist churches!)

After Bible study, I need to get more meds down the cat. He hasn't been too much trouble, though he doesn't like it. I am wondering if he is addicted to the pain meds. Doesn't matter. His health will not improve if he cannot drink. He has already lost weight.

ETA: @#$%!!! When I went to check on the system recovery disk creation, it was CANCELLING! This is a long process. I know what happened: to wake up my computer requires the escape key, which is also cancel. So now I have to start over. I will not leave the recovery generation program on top, I will leave something like an empty notepad. Then the keystroke won't get to the other program. What a pain in the tailbone! In the meantime, I will do more cat care. I have already gotten Brigg's meds down him and loaded the dishwasher. I will work on dailies until I need to interact with the program, then shower and Bible study.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am

I survived todays shift, after the 2nd one napped we got to walk up & see the cow & horses up the road. We picked up bofore they left. After they left I walked the dog. Shorter shift tomorrow afternoon.

Return to “Post When You Can”