SUNDAY SUCCESS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: SUNDAY SUCCESS

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:08 pm

a nap sounds so wonderful!!! d twins good for you.

d nancy - wow thats hot - so happy you found the receipt and
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:11 pm

d mom called me and asked if I wanted to go for a walk - I was tired but went - lovely day for a walk. We met some lovely people along the way - d mom sat and spoke to a woman on a bench along the path. We then went to CPK for a late lunch and barney nobles. Glad I walked.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:18 pm

On our way home now. We were delayed by 30 minutes due to a hail storm that started as we opened the door to leave.

Ds is about 40 minutes ahead and Dd is about 3.5 hours ahead.

The reception for out of town people was lovely.

We get to see everyone again in 9 weeks at the next wedding.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:41 pm

I am so glad you had a lovely time dkathryn

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:42 pm

its almost 4 pm - where did the time go.

I think I need to rest a bit as my eyes feel heavy but I may do some work instead = it's up in the air

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:31 pm

Ds passed us about 15 minutes ago. He stopped for linner (lunch/dinner) at his favourite rest spot. He ran into Not The Girlfriend there once. He was going one direction, she the other and both stopped there out of habit.

Our gas stop is in a few minutes. The storms have blown over but home is getting hammered. I hope dd is doing well with her drive. They should be home soon.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi everyone!

Just getting ready to sit down to eat. Dh is making supper, so I didn't realize it was almost time.

I succeeded in making 8 jars of strawberry jam and 6 jars of strawberry rhubarb. The strawberry rhubarb combo needed to be cooked and then the jars had to be processed after they were filled, so a different lesson in jam making for me today.

We had a horrid storm roll through here a few hours ago. Thunder and lightning and hail. Of course, it was while dh and I were out running errands.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 pm

hi d cathy yay on jam
stay safe in the bad weather

stay safe to you d kathryn on your drive home!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:31 pm

made ina garten's sole and green beans for dinner (I have left over for lunch tomorrow)
did some adjective work

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Wearing fun jewelry today - will post about it in A, C, and N when I can. I sat up last evening in a fit of creativity, :lol: .

Our tenor did join in leading singing today, taking a burden off dd, since she was not feeling so hot. She was back up to par after lunch. I was sad that without proper planning or confidence, we had only one deacon to take up offering today. An ordained woman was right there on the aisle :roll: and remained standing a few moments, hesitant, when we all saw he was there alone. He chose to handle it by himself and she gave up and sat down in confusion about whether she was wanted. So, it felt like back to square one today. Chairperson of deacons walked in during offering so ended up at the back seeing this happen. Our tenor was also staring right at this situation. It's obviously a concern.

After ds' family got home from church we all traveled to see dfirstinlaw family members several towns away. He called his grandmother98 ahead, since she has at times not been up to much because of a backache. Sounded good today.

A great visit with her -
dfirstmil98 and our green-eyed boy had many secrets - best friends for sure
ds was able to help set up a new tv in her "mil apt" area and take the old one off to recycling for her
both children were really very good
got the "low-down" on health of her sisters and others
she herself is doing so well except for backache (osteoporosis) and hearing - mind is sharp

We got to visit with dbil John. He showed us around, lifting garden things, and our green-eyed boy said he was strong. Out of the mouths of babes. I told him to take this to heart - a completely honest child who's also innocent of John's diagnosis noticed he was surprisingly strong/well. He is closing on 3 years past his hopeless metastasized cancer diagnosis. He has doubled his tomato planting because last year he ran out of organic tomatoes for his daily vegetable soups. He gave us homemade ginger flavored kefir water to drink and everyone including toddlerC liked it. As usual, his fridge is textbook neat, inspiring and perfect, with his colorful lined-up homemade juices.

Return to “Post When You Can”