Sunday, Steady as She Goes

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Sunday, Steady as She Goes

Postby Sunny » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Happy Birthday Bittersweet!

Happy Birthday to Harriet's dd19.

I am enjoying hearing about your trip, Kathryn. Presque Isle beach is where my boyfriend and I spent the day after my senior prom back in 1962. We spent more time sunning on the beach than we did in the water as it was ice cold!

Harriet, I hope Tobias is feeling much better today!

Lilac, I'm trusting that your dgd and dggson are doing well.

The last couple of weeks dh has had a few doctor appointments. He did fairly well with his latest blood tests and came away with the usual warning to watch his diet, etc. The appointment with the VA Dr. has had to be rescheduled due to the dr. being called away for a family emergency. The INR test was a little low and he must go back in two weeks; that one and two other appointments to go until October.

Other than that busyness, it has just been routines as usual. I am so over this hot weather and will enjoy the cooler weather when it comes. Best wishes for our college students this year. Our county schools and the county just north of us where our southern dgrandchildren attend are back in session. Dgson 15's school in Virginia starts the day after Labor Day.

I just heard thunder, so I'm going to close computer for a while. Lovely to all!!!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Last load is in the dryer. The dishwasher is going and all the hand wash pots and pans and knives are on the dish tray waiting to drip dry and be put away. All of my "hang to dry" stuff is hanging in the washroom.

Dh is sleeping in front of the air conditioner. I had a horrid night last night, so no nap for me.

Now I will go stitch until he wakes up.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Kathryn, I should have recommended Presque Isle to you. I'm glad you got to see it. We used to drive into the peninsula and all the way up to the turn and back out and stop at one of the last beaches. I stayed there a whole day one time with 1st husband. They had a lifeguard on duty and he must have been bored because he built a big huge sand castle. There were no other people but us on that beach. We didn't go in the water much, as Sunny said, it was icy, and this was in the summer!

Church this morning then we ran a couple errands quick and stopped for a sandwich and I took DH to the RV show in town. We went around the campground where it was and went in and out of a lot of the models. They were all brand new ones and I guess we'll have to get an old used one. It was fun though.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:31 pm

I am T.I.R.E.D. The sun will do that. I had to go to grocery tho - need stuff for tomorrow and I haven't been for a "big" trip since last Monday. Then I got to the preferred grocery - about 10 min away - and had forgotten the list. So bad home for list, and decided to go to closer grocery and just get it done. DH was snappish with me about helping with unloading and putting things away, then he pointed out that I had bought two packs of hot dog buns instead of one each HB and HD. So I gave myself down time, then schlepped back to the closer grocery.

Temp today has been in the 90s and I don't think I ever cooled down entirely from the heat while friends were getting the boat back on trailer.

Dh is napping in front of the tv. I need to get busy, however.

-fold two lols and put away
-clear kitchen breakfast bar counter so we can eat here later
-start a list for tomorrow and for the week - leaving on Sat a.m. so I have things I need to do
-cut up fruit for a fruit salad, put aside some to take for lunch tomorrow
-sort laundry, figure out what needs to be done

And hopefully, I'm off.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:58 pm

I changed the format of BuJo for the gazillionth time. Each change builds upon previous changes so I guess it isn't totally wasted time. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

One of the things I changed on the BuJo was emphasizing 5 rooms to maintain in "company ready" status. I will spend 15 minutes of effort a day to keep them that way. It will just require a quick sweep with the dust mop to get the dog hairs, PUPA items, and swish/swipe the horizontal surfaces. The kitchen is one of the 5 rooms but it is quick because DH does an outstanding job of keeping the kitchen sink clear/clean. He never complains when I put a dirty dish in the sink and walk away. But it usually isn't 5 minutes before he is in the kitchen washing it. We all have our quirks. I feel very blessed to live with someone who likes to keep the dishes washed.

I spent an hour in the swimming pool and then picked tomatoes and watered them. The tomato plants are finally producing well (dozen+ tomatoes today). Six weeks later than normal which is about right because I planted them 6 weeks later than normal. I have never planted tomatoes this late but last spring I was still recovering from pneumonia/bronchitis and was just overwhelmed so I had to let some things go and the garden was one of those things. ANYWAY, we have fresh tomatoes lined up on the kitchen counter now. All's well that ends well.

Tomorrow starts DGD6 being here before and after school. I don't know how that is going to work into my schedule. DGD6 will be arriving during my exercise time when I am gone walking/biking. I can't move my exercise time to an earlier time because it would be dark and I don't want to ride the bike in the dark. I can't move it later because homeschool is another protected time slot. I refuse to give up my 30 minutes of early morning exercise time. I have a couple of ideas but will need to try them and see which ones work best.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:16 pm

That's cool that your later tomato planting was so forgiving, LadyM! I'm sure they are pretty on the counter.

Sunny, Tobias is at times not making sense, but hunger is getting the better of him at other times and he seems able to forget recent worry and meow normally at the correct clock times. He reminded within 2 minutes of usual evening bowl of food today. Glad your dh had pretty good appts lately and hope the next one is what he hopes and ordinary.

Dstepson has sent out letters of expected conduct during the eclipse to all the employees of his plant. Most will be off the roads at the time of the eclipse because he didn't schedule deliveries (concrete pours) during a time when light couldn't be counted on to be stable and predictable. But he's given a warning about eyes as many have, and a warning about extra caution on the roads.

Very low crowd again at church. Dd of course not there.

I was able to talk to one of the elders about the negative results of losing our SS class, with subject brought up because the friend who passed had been a member and so many didn't even know she was unwell or hear that she had died in time to attend funeral. This brings up 2 issues - first, church continues to have poor communication in general but second, had our active SS class continued without disbanding, many would have continued staying in touch normally, her family would have remembered she had class friends when she grew ill, and we would not have been so unaware of her decline in health.

The adoption of the hamster Rufus will happen soon. Dd spent a lot of the summer adoptable-izing him, whatever you do for that. He is gentle and interested in people. She's asked me to make him up a baggie of tiny produce bits I happen to know he's allowed, for the new owner. I hope they take seriously the fact that he needs this kind of little plant bits on along.

Ds called and he and ddil need me to take care of the children for almost the whole morning tomorrow, ddil's last day of orientation to change to the closer hospital. Her sister had been the one planned to do it, but that has fallen through. It's a surprise, and it postpones an errand I intended, but I've decided to be philosophical about it.

Return to “Post When You Can”