Tuesday Tending

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Tending

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Wednesday noon check in : having tea after a 40 min walk along the coast. It feels very hot (not like the Outback hot, though) so we'll walk back by the road in 20 minutes. The coast is squiggly here!

Dh is sharing a carrot cake with me.

I had a lousy sleep and ended up lying in until dh's conference call was done. The shower dh thinks is awful, I think is divine. So I had a wonderful shower then a leisurely breakfast in the garden before heading off for the walk.

We will both concentrate on writing this afternoon.

Edited to add "dh's conference call" so my sentence made sense.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:30 pm

waving to Kathryn . I'm not sure what a squiggly coast is. Its a thought provoking word.
indented and winding? most likely that.
My other thoughts - heat waves? the chirping squeaky sound of feet on sand?
The humidity of the coast makes lower temps seem hotter. Steamed, not baked.

home with shopping. I caught a cab back, and wish I hadn't. or maybe that I caught a different one.
I know the direction he drove cost more, so that experiment is done. Thats just one thing of several..
33c here. Steamy. 80% humidity. so I'm glad it not be out walking home from the bus stop with a heavy shopping cart.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Yesterday at work we were extremely busy, and it just wore me out.

from Kathryn:
As I reported in Monday's thread, I tended to myself by doing 'nothing.'

That's what I've done today. I've managed to handle 3Ds, including 3 loads of laundry, but otherwise I've been resting.

I had planned to watch a free online sewing class this evening. Unfortunately, although I can hear the sound perfectly, the screen is black. The instructor mentioned that she was trying something new with her camera. I decided that it isn't worth my time to sit around waiting for them to fix a technical issue, even for a free class.

I'll pick a show from my dvr and watch that instead. I won't have to pay such close attention to that, so I can sort through some papers at the same time.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 pm

This afternoon I decided to walk to my grocery store which is just a mile away. Didn’t need much so it was a perfect day to do so. Used my backpack to carry my stuff home. Got to laughing on my way home. I used to hike for a week at a time with 60+lbs on my back. Spent a lot of time enjoying the trails in the Smokey Mts. Loved the quiet, the views and just being with nature.

Today I found myself packing my backpack like I did back then without even thinking... heaviest stuff on the bottom, light stuff on the top. My 8 lbs didn’t feel much like when I was hiking. I’d give anything to be able to set sail and hike those mountains like I did back then.

House is in order, sink is shinny and after tommorw morning’s coffee it will be a “turn it up” day to get me started for my house blessing
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:08 pm

My dinner is done I spiffed the coffee maker area. Laundry is going now. I cleaned old coupons out of my wallet today and had the coffee shop where we met for knitting, combine my 2 punch cards into one. H's lunch is put together. Did 5 min. On the total gym arms.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:13 pm

Lynlee, by squiggly, I meant wiggly shoreline with lots of coves and beaches.

In this case there's a geological reason for the uneven coastline, as the sea receded, the rivers running to the ocean each carved into the sandstone ocean floor, and when the sea dropped fully, the cliffs between the rivers and riverlets were left. It makes for very hilly walking here but amazing views.

The walk back was still 35 minutes because it began with a straight uphill walk. It was worth it, though, because at the top we could see the skyline of downtown Sydney as well as the coastline and ocean. It was lovely.

We took a quieter route back (could have walked the bus route and had less elevation) and that took us back next to the rock bath. We determined it is free so plan to go back for a swim later.

As a child, my favourite series of books were by Enid Blyton's Malory Towers and St. Clares. These are stories about a girls' boarding school in England and the main characters grow up over their 6 terms at school.

Malory Towers had a swimming pool:

"One of the things that Darrel liked best of all was the big swimming pool down by the sea. This had been hollowed out of a stretch of rocks, so that it had a nice rocky uneven bottom. Seaweed grew at the sides, and sometimes the rocky bed of the pool felt slimy. But the sea swept into the big natural pool each day, filled it, and made lovely waves all across it. It was a sheer delight to bathe there.

I've always wanted to swim in such a pool. Today I will get my chance!

Return to “Post When You Can”