Writing Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Writing Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:36 am

What sort of writing are you doing these days?

Grocery lists?

Letters to friends?

Journals?

Computer code?

Work/school assignments?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Writing Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:39 am

I got another travelogue written after dinner but only from 7 a.m. Saturday until 3:15 on Saturday. There's still two visits to Uluru, hiking at Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta to write about.

But first I need to go through my notes and figure out what stories to tell. Then find the pictures that best illustrate the stories.

The first of this series sets the background and includes a map so they can see the distance we covered over the territory.

I'm out in the garden now but a smoker has just shown up. Not only that, he's talking on the phone and there are others in the kitchen having a chat so it is just too noisy for me to work now.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:03 am

Morning ...

No writing for me today except here in the village.

Need to finish my coffee and then it’s “ramp it up” day. It my house blessing day so I need to plug in my ears and geter done...Cy’all later :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:13 am

Had a very restless night -from 11pm till after 4am. Oh, for several good nights' sleep -it would be wonderful. Not sure I'd trust myself to write anything sensible today. Although I may work on our taxes a little later. Dh seems to think that his disability pay is included on his 1099 from his work. Have to check that later. I've been waiting for a statement from Disability. Know it's not taxable but it has to be written in.

Have my apron on, Harriet, and plan to tackle the dishes shortly. Dh is watching "Live" and I try to stay away from being sucked in by the TV.

We have our church's annual meeting this afternoon (here). Thinking about stopping over at dbil/dsil's first so we at least get over there once this week.

Going to work in tidying our bedroom in a couple of hotspots today. Want to make hamburger soup, but need to see if I have all the ingredients first.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:36 am

hi good morning. before I go any further I just wanted to say hi and wish you a wonderful day!

I decided not to come here until I ate breakfast, spoke to dh, read the paper and delete some emails. Those are done now and time to s2s - I have been wearing cleaning cloths and not wearing shoes. I think I will try to wear indoor shoes.

yesterday I was in a lot of pain - who knows why - so I slept around 6 pm and did not do much - but this morning is better - I have a background headache and I am sure it is because of the weather.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm

I am so stealing the hamburger soup idea! Soup is the only thing that sounds good to us these days! 5 got up around 5 I just woke could not get to sleep so I finish up sone stuff. Put away rocks I painted. Did some kitchen stuff. My day at home. I need to put away books on my desk. Cloudy and 41* here this a. m. I have written in my planner and my journal and on rocks practicing hand writing. Also in my wellness log, later a tracker for pay roll to set up.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:39 pm

s2s finished. a wee wobble headed.
after headaches I always feel like my brain is bruised but thats not unusual
list spending from yesterday

next: kitchen duty as I fell short yesterday. I didn't make dinner but ordered pizza in and I didn't do any evening routines.

1. kitchen: dailies and cooking in the morning and freeze two meals. I am worried that if one of us gets the flu that all dinners will go to junk food which would not be good for us. I have a menu plan, not in stone yet, but I need to do things in the morning instead.
2. before starting in the kitchen throw in the whites that I missed Monday.

other: phone call to vet.
I have been putting off looking at letter from attorney as I know he is nagging at me to do something. I got the letter Monday and haven't opened it yet.
call home de pot to find out when our doors will be put in.
I need to update my calendar with dates. double check when appointments are.

errand: I have to go to G F S to get new lids as I ran out.

How still wonder how people do it all especially if they get sick. I told dh I dislike the clutter that builds if we don't work together to get rid of things at night. I think it is mostly my clutter - I think I see it and really don't know its there until fresh eyes see it in the morning. ;)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:41 pm

After getting things ready around the house like the laundry ready and making up the beds I’m about to attack my house... I’m playing beat the clock.. I’m giving myself four hours. Including all the regular stuff, I need to clean my blinds. Dinner is yummy left overs so I needn’t worry about that. I’ll post the recipe later cause it is easy and good enough to serve guests...definetly a keeper.

Ready to start let’s see I I can geter done :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:44 pm

Blessed ... I know what you mean. I call my day after a migraine a migraine hangover

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:50 pm

hi d kathryn. what a great idea - writing wednesday!!!
I am so happy that you are having such memorable places to see and experience.

sorry about the noise and the smoker - do they have the same rules about smoking places like we do?

I know when we lived north of us there wasn't any rules about restaurants and dd younger would have asthma attacks if we ate out. Now it is so nice. Dh being an x smoker because of the cancer is a stickler on it big time because he said he never noticed the effects of smoking before. He used to think that people were making it up. He said that was the thing that shocked him most. (he wasn't able to give up on smoking on his own - he was asleep or out of it for two weeks so when he came home he was already through the horrible withdrawal.

hi d rose happy home blessing day! I will work with you - GETER done!

hi d nancy enjoy your day at home!

Hello all
I feel like I should have a learning day but I will convince myself that my routine is learning. ;)

Return to “Post When You Can”