THRILLING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: THRILLING THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Great to see some old friends here today -don't be strangers. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I've had a very nice and even relaxing day. Had my toenails done this morning and a perm. Came home and casually finished what packing I needed to do. Only worked a few minutes at a time. Dh called to wish me a HBirthday just before I was ready to rinse my hair. And our financial planner's office called just as I was getting in the chair. Tonight we have Trivia. Hoping we aren't too late. It's hard for me to get to sleep afterwards.

DD got home from work on time and said she almost called to ask me to bring her migraine meds. She didn't want to 'bother' me. Wish she had. She'd actually started before she left for work and took the med with her (didn't want to take it and drive). When she got to work, she opened it and it had already been used. So she's now taken it and gone to bed. Her neurologist relented and gave her a script for these pills the other day. When she got the script home, it was only for 9 pills. Guess he wants to be sure she doesn't take too many. She is careful about taking it. But it really works within an hour.

No rain yet today so hope dd and I can finish packing my car before Trivia. Meeting dbil/disisl and her dsis for breakfast at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Going to stop at our church for a bathroom break, top off my gas tank and hit the road north. Hopefully any rain will hold off till I'm well past it. DD will leave from school when she's finished tomorrow. She mistakenly found out Tuesday that they will have another new principal in the fall. The new one was there today and the office called to see if they could bring her down. The AP told her when she introduced them: "You are going to love, love, love this gal! In fact, we all LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her." Nice to be appreciated.

Norma, that obviously had to be so hard for you. And you're right about the trip getting 'old'. It's getting hard for us but we have no place left up north. We can only stay in our RV for the summer. All our grandkids (and dks) are up there, so it does make the winters hard.

Sounds like you need a good rest, Harmony! You're right, the rain has been something else. Know they said Lakeland had about 13" and that was as of Monday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Peeking in... stomach is not happy

Dee... it wasn’t the dr who prescribed 9 pills, it’s your dd insurance company. They only allow 9 pills a month for those of us who suffer from migraines. When I’m in a cycle I can go through 9 pills in 4 days. This is a common tale for all os us. And pardon my French, but it sucks.

If I can’t get to my dr during my cycle and I use up my meds I’m toast. Most people are unaware of how the insurance companies dish out migraine meds and they aren’t even narcotics.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Thanks for that info, RR. I'll tell her when she gets back up. She came home, took a pill and went to bed. This is not the way to start a 1,400 mile trip. But she said he did do one refill for her and she's always been careful about when/if she took. Can't remember the name. (Looked it up, RR. Think it's Rizatriptan.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 24, 2018 5:48 pm

Norma, what a shock, I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

I guess I'm getting stuff done, but it's not necessarily the right things. I've worked some on the outline for the seminar I'll do next month on DNA at the local library. Oy. I'd like to send an outline of the presentation to the local history library manager before we take off. Also sent an email to a cousin about an ancestor find and used the email as a chance to organize my thought process.

Two people have turned in their Pro Gen "Business plan" assignments. One was about 8 pages long, the other was about 2.5 pages I think. Mine is more likely to be the latter. It just all sounds like gobbledygook to me over and over again. Tomorrow it will be "must do."

I'm using the old computer and trying not to strain it. Never finished a.m. routine because it wasn't right in front of me, though.
-brush teeth! :oops:
-make the bed
-fold 2 loads of laundry
-start another lol
-start organizing for evening, etc.

Oh my! What a pain for the migraine sufferers!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 24, 2018 6:02 pm

I was trying to get things off my old computer too, Twins, without it completely crashing. It's the fan that's shot on that one. I was trying to leave it on long enough to get a couple of files emailed to myself. My old external hard drive had quit working for some reason. Dh gave me a new one for Christmas. Ta-Da! Happened to wonder if I could load old files onto the new hard drive. Within 10 minutes I think the old files were all on it. I'm keeping the old computer here for now and see what I can do with it in the fall. So glad to have the 'new' one finally working for me. Amazing to think how dependent we've become. I can remember when a pastor wanted to put a Commodore 64 in the office and I thought I'd never learn it.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Dee... also knownas Maxalt. It’s what I take... 9 pills a month. Because I have CH... cluster headaches I don’t get them every month. But I do refill my pills every month so I can stock pile them.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:59 pm

I had a thrilling Thurs. When I discovered a plant in bloom I had forgotten about, flags white from the iris family 4' tall! Yippee! We had rain. 2 more loads of laundry done. I am doing winter stuff before I put it away and some summer things as well. Some double duty on that.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Home from DCousin Celebration of Life. It was a long service - over 2 hours! Then I spent another 1.5 hours visiting with DCousins after the service. There were only 8 of the cousins attending today. I captured everyone's phone numbers and emails in an effort to keep up with each other. We made plans to gather on Labor Day and bring pictures of our ancestors to scan and share. On the way home, I was mentally counting all of the cousins that are still alive and I think there are 15 DCousins on that limb of the family tree so about 1/2 of us were able to attend today.

I stopped at DMom's on the way home and gave her the papers from the service. It is almost impossible to stop at DMoms home in less than an hour. She talks non-stop about every subject in the earth and frequently switches between subjects mid-sentence. She never runs out of things to tell me and follows me to the vehicle talking the whole way.

After all that socializing, I am feeling like someone drained all my energy.

Bw2 - you didn't misunderstand. Even at the age of 6, they are into boyfriend/girlfriend mode. IMHO it is ridiculous. But they are very serious about it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 pm

AG & Norma - it is great to see a check in from you!

((((Norma)))) I'm sorry for the shocking loss of lifelong DFriend.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:46 pm

dear rose feel better!

d norma ((()))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”