First Step Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: First Step Friday

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 am

Good morning! DD16 was in a total snit for Girls' Night Out. We are not sure if the egg drop soup at her favorite Chinese restaurant is gluten free or not. She is having a hard time adjusting, because her other family's restaurant pattern is: go to restaurant of x's and other woman's choosing, if there is nothing DD can eat, she has to sit there and watch everyone else. When she gets back to the house, she can eat there, but they refuse to stock her favorites, because they are fad dieters who don't want carbs around. After all, why would a growing teenager with a medical tendency to be underweight need carbs? She is dreading vacationing with them, because she doesn't know what/if she will eat and because she will be expected to stay with her same age, but vastly different interests stepbrother. Note to self: research food options BEFORE Florida vacation! Vacationing with me is easier, we both like the same rides at amusement parks and neither wants to include a shopping day. We ended up at a very expensive steak house with an entire gluten free menu. I have emailed a question to her favorite Chinese place asking what the options there are, especially the soup.

The essentials of the church webwork got done, but I still have to put up the June coming events. The two foster cats are NOT getting along! Why does Chelsea, a small, year-old almost kitten, want to challenge an older, nearly twice as large, experienced at fighting tomcat. Especially since all he wants is for her to leave him alone while he lounges in front of windows! And there are PLENTY of windows to go around.

What ever happened to kids being sure that the opposite gender was full of cooties? Boys didn't start to lose cooties until late high school.

Even though it will be a lousy and expensive birthday present to myself, I am glad it is coming up soon. It's not so much pain, but constant soreness. Doesn't help that I have a long commute and a sit-down job.

AustinGranny: Community Cat also needs a vet's attention. A retired couple in my childhood neighborhood had a CC collapse on their porch. Fortunately, in this case, they discovered he visited them while my family was at school/work. He lived many years after, but would have died within days without LOTS of meds.

DeeClutter: Nine pills per month seems to be the standard for migraine meds. If you regularly need more than that, doctors start to consider the preventative meds.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 am

Morning...

I’m feeling a bit better, but will take today slow and easy.

I make hard copies of pictures that are important to me. I also have a 3ring notebook I started years ago entitled ...And When I Die... Blood, Sweat and Tears...I keep updated, but most of it now is jistnaddresses and phone numbers of people who might need to be contacted. Sweetie has a file in his office for the same thing.

We have a trust fund set up with my son named, if something happens to us. All our financial accounts are listed in it, and my son will have complete access to it. I asked Sweetie not long ago what I should do with all the projects including inventions he has on his computer and he said... just ditch it, because it’s notnworth anything to anyone. The inventions are property of the company he was president and CEO of so have no value.

My son had “girlfriends” from pre-school on. His first on was Keely Sharper. I think they were 3 in pre-school and inseparable. He had two, Emily and Cassie in kindergarten. They were great fiends. As time progressed my son had many more but none of them lasted more than a week or more, and he was 17 before he had his first serious gf. That lasted 3 years. Had 4 others during the next 12 years until he met his wife. However I do have several friends that started dating in 8th grade and have been married now for 56 years.

I am starting on a huge project ... going to go through all my photos ...68 years worth and start putting them in catagories and then in order. Going to ditch doubles and those that have no meanings like trees and things. I have all my picture from my phone on cds, but many of those I have made hard copies as well.
I’ve already told my son to dump any that he doesn’t want when the time comes.

Perry’s on so I’m gonna watch some tv and drink my tea.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 pm

First Step. Dragged myself out of bed. I am really tired in body from all the work yesterday. I am supposed to walk and exercise today and I have no energy to do that. It will be slow-going today.

I slept from 8 last night till 1:00; got up to take meds and use the bathroom, a veggie snack and back to bed. Slept till I dragged myself out at 9. Whew.

My list is long. All I can do is try. One thing at a time. I'm thinking I'm in bad shape to get this tired from a day's work.

I have not looked at my desk yet. I do have LOL twirling and the 1 that has been been living in the dryer going again with something damp inside. It's underclothes, do not care much about the wrinkles.

My floors need attention. I had outside work on my radar. Passion fruit vine needs tended at the entry arbor. It's taking over. It's all the way up and long the gutter, so that means ladder work, I do not know if I can even climb one right now. Most of this stuff is going to have to wait. First I have to forward some information to someone, and look at what needs mailed out today.

Kathryn, I remember when you could not go far out onto your balcony because of the height. Have you gotten over that?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi, everyone. My days have been overwhelming. Missed posting here regularly. will CUOP yesterday's thread soon.

A little normalcy is happening. Just took out trash, then folded and put away towels, and now have a kitchen spif calling my name.

Must go on an errand soon.

Also need to make out church payroll checks to take Sun. Mailed ones already gone.

As far as I know, dd38's family is still coming next weekend, although we have been communicating and she knows I'm overwhelmed and we could reschedule. Don't know.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 pm

Got exercise by de weeding a section of fence line in the yd. Watching gardens of Italy by monty dod as my reward.

later ... move about half of the weeds - herbs took out. H turned on ac yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 25, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Back from mani-pedi. Also went through a car wash and used their vacuums to clean up inside, and "reconstituted" some Armour all wipes and cleaned up inside a bit. Missed some places tho.

Dh just called to let me know that dd's car was hit this a.m. and she is fine. It's drivable, although he says passenger side is pretty bad. They all did police report and apparently she got info, altho dh didn't know if the other driver had insurance. Accident was not her fault.

Now I need to buckle down and finish this biz plan.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Norma

Postby Norma » Fri May 25, 2018 1:31 pm

I have a mani/pedi in a half hour. Need to get a few things done, but here I sit. :)

ROSIE - glad you are feeling better. Yes, do take it slow and easy today. When I know you are not feeling well I worry about you. I can't imagine having migraines like you do. Years and years ago I hit a patch that lasted almost 2 years and then they were gone. Mr. Guy and I were talking about that last night and I started to cry. My dson Dave was probably 8 years old at the time and bless his heart he would make me tea and toast. If I could get that down and keep it down I knew I was on the mend. Dave died 2 years ago and when I recall things like this my heart hurts and I cry. :(

HARMONY - you asked yesterday if we sold our AZ place would we still go down there. Mr. Guy says YES! Maybe for a few weeks every year at a motel so we could visit dear friends and hit our favorite restaurants. We shall see. I know right now that I am going to miss it so much.

Hope you all will have a good holiday weekend. We stay home. It is the safest place. :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 25, 2018 1:45 pm

OOOH Twins, sorry about DD's accident. Glad she wasn't hurt.

Norma, I'm sure RRose is glad you'll still be coming!

Well it's official. Tropical Storm Alberto is landing here in Florida. Also hitting Alabama and all the way across to Louisiana. I am very happy this is not going to turn into a hurricane. Tropical storms (for me) are just a mess to deal with. But we are not in an area that floods badly like into the house. The old house was a bit more at risk, that area was wetter than here. Sky is eerie shade of bright grey. DH, who is out working east of the interstate (farther from the coast) called to ask what's up with all this rain. He can only see 1/4 mile ahead. He was on the roof this morning but now they're doing inside work, thank goodness.

I'm made a stab at this work. Folded laundry. Hung up a load. Another one washing. Had breakfast/lunch. Checked my desk. Cleaned up kitchen. Working between sitting spells. At least its something.

And the rain is here. I ran out as soon as the mail lady came just as the rain started and it is so hard the umbrella was no help, I am soaked!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Well heck. Will Alberto affect Hilton Head South Carolina. Is that why we're supposed to have rain all week? Dh's cousin emailed this a.m. with a picture of the HHI weather forecast and said "Is this still a good idea?" I told her we were going regardless, and were taking books, etc. A lot of times we'll have rain there, and then it clears off. We've never had a bad week there.

Finished the part of the assignment re: fees. A third person turned in this assignment and her's is two pages also. This doesn't have to be a masterpiece. :lol:

Sunday we'll go through Hardeville, where Dee and her dd are stopping off tonight as their first stop.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 pm

It has been a good homeschool day.

DGS21 came and ate lunch with me. He misses our Friday outings together but I just don't have the bandwidth to do it right now. We are going to go hiking together in the morning so it's not like I'm abandoning him. Also, we are reading and commenting on a book together. AND we are collaborating on getting him into some sort of a learning environment again. I am very happy that he is doing so well at his job and his employers love him. But I am continuing the encouragement (maybe more like insistence) for him to keep moving forward on his education.

DNeighborhoodBoy10 is here again. He was here most of yesterday. As long as he remains a good influence on DS9 then I will allow him being here hour after hour. His parent are gone for a 4 day weekend trip. They left him under the supervision of his ailing Great Grandmother that can barely walk. Hummm....let's just say their parenting style and mine are polar opposites.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”